Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 01:06 PM

Thanks for responding. I've been on three cruises so far so this would be my fourth. I like making frequent stops and don't much care for days at sea. I'm still young yet, so I'm sure as I get older I'll enjoy those days at sea more and more. lol Having said that my biggest complaint about cruises is you feel rushed alot of the time when it comes to getting off of the ship/stops. I just wonder if I'll feel that too much on this itinary? She looks like a beautiful ship, same class as the Conquest correct?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-14-2010, 02:09 PM

don't get me wrong I'm young too, also my wife,
We discovered cruising during our honeymoon and we have been cruising since then,this was our 5 cruise so is more like an aniversary thing.

I can tell you this, we like to enjoy active cruising But there are a lot of activities we usually get at "day at Sea" that we don't have on the carnival victory because of this itinerary.
As you can see we don't enjoy the pools at the ship very much, the golf and the movie wide screen tv at the top of the ship because we were out on an different island everyday.

It's an active route and since you don't have a day at sea the cruise happen so fast that by the time you get to st.Martin you will ask yourself "what happen??"

you will have a great cruise main problem is not getting tired is that since you will be out on an island everyday this "cruise week" happen really fast that's all...
Old 08-18-2010, 07:41 PM
I sailed on the Victory when it was still based out of Miami. At the time it was my favorite ship, until the Legend bumped it to #2. I found the green weathered copper decor to be very nice.

The Triumph and Victory are their own class. The Conquest is essentially a streached Triumph. The Destiny/Triumph class does not have a supper club
Old 09-05-2010, 03:02 PM

Thanx for posting the pictures - I sail 9/12 on the Victory - 1st time cruiser!! It helps to see photos so you know what to expect.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Actually is way better than that this can pump up your cruise fever

enjoy your cruise
Old 09-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Administrator

So true, MKN, Casanova, and PC Guy. MKN, she's even more stunning in person... at least I thought so. Enjoy your cruise!
Old 09-05-2010, 06:08 PM

Hi, Cas.

Great photos. I keep thinking maybe one day I'll try Carnival for a cruise.

If you don't mind my asking, where was that photo taken of the Carnival ship docked with an RCI ship docked behind it? It was in the first photo of your second post in this topic.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 09-12-2010, 02:22 PM
I don't really remember but I also seen it before departing from San Juan, because it was also in our departing port side by side with the Carnival Victory, I guess it was the empress of the seas but I don't have that much experience with RCCL so don't really know for sure sorry...
Old 09-13-2010, 07:08 AM
Quote:
If you don't mind my asking, where was that photo taken of the Carnival ship docked with an RCI ship docked behind it? It was in the first photo of your second post in this topic.
That photo was taken on top of Paradise Point in St Thomas. Right outside the cruise terminal, you can ride a cable car to the top.

Closed Thread

Tags
2010, adventure, boards, carnival, cruise, images, lounge, photos, pics, pictures, reviews, seas, serenity, ship, victory