Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 11:52 PM

That is a good solution. My concern was having zip type luggage that could come un-zipped during all the luggage handling. I do put some items of personal value in my checked luggage sometimes to avoid my carry on being so heavy.

Dwayne
Old 02-07-2010, 10:00 AM

Are we still able to bring bottled water in our luggage? Anyone know?

B
Old 02-07-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim C.:
Lss96- Did the email say "any liquids" or any "alcoholic beverages"? Because if it said liquids, there are going to be a lot of upset people complaining that Carnival is going to take their toiletries that they can't pack in their carry-on's due to air safety rules
Yes I called Carnival regarding toiletries being considered liquids. There response was all items have to be left in there original containers.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Are we still able to bring bottled water in our luggage? Anyone know?

Yes. The liquid part of the policy only applies to "Prohibited Items" in which bottled water is not one of. The FAQ section of Carnival still says "Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages".

Here is a link.

They've never been real exact about what they deem as "small" or "excessive" quantities. This gives them some discretion and leeway on a case by case basis. I always check my 12 pack of "sealed" spring water, and have never had a problem.

Dwayne
Old 02-08-2010, 09:37 AM

Thanks Dwayne.

B
Old 02-21-2010, 04:42 PM

Not sure when this started as we didn't get an e-mail prior to our 2/1 cruise on Triumph. I have the TSA locks on my luggage - to keep the honest person honest. I also packed my Diet Dr. Pepper in the bag and had no problem. The TSA lock wasn't opened either.

Closed Thread

Tags
allowance, baggage, bottled, carnival, carry, cruise, fantasy, line, lines, liquids, locks, luggage, policy, rules, tsa, water