Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 05:41 PM

Some video I took of when my ship sailed in a hurricane:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpszqTNyYgk
Old 05-03-2009, 08:45 AM
Banned

I don't know is this was the same hurricane.

http://images.google.com/imgre...0%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

Some say this photo was photo shopped. I believe Tex as onboard and he said this photo was accurate.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:30 PM

WOW! I was about to ask how the water got in the crew bar and cabins. I think the picture answers my question.

I would think if the Dream is ever in that type of seas they would have to put the water tight doors on the Cove Balconies.

Dwayne
Old 05-04-2009, 07:13 AM

On our December/January cruise on the Royal. The swells were up to at least deck 6. We were on deck 8 and got lots of spray for the first 2 days.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:32 AM
Banned

This reminds me of last year.... (Reader's Digest condensed version)

Hubby and youngest son (17 with Autism) went deep sea fishing out of Destin on a 50 footer.

The waves were so high ... the boat was rising up and slamming down sending water completely over the boat on both sides.

Thankfully hubby had taken Dramamine...but youngest son does not take pills...so he is without medication. Hubby is all worried as other adult men and their sons are "hurling" every where.

Hubby finds younger son standing and holding on to a pole in the cabin and yelling "yeee haw" like he was riding a bucking horse. He had a BLAST and never even got queesy.

Hubby got a little green...even with the Dramamine.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:38 AM

I wonder how many people get sea sick.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:05 PM

I would imagine a lot of people would get sea sick. I know I would with swells like that. I'd have to be popping the Meclizines, washing them down with a Coors Light, and maybe a shot of Cuervo after that. It usually takes far less for them to bring out the "bags" and place them all over the ship.

Dwayne
Old 05-07-2009, 04:53 AM
WOW!!! what a ride.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-07-2009, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
I would imagine a lot of people would get sea sick. I know I would with swells like that. I'd have to be popping the Meclizines, washing them down with a Coors Light, and maybe a shot of Cuervo after that. It usually takes far less for them to bring out the "bags" and place them all over the ship.

Maybe that's why you get sick.
Dwayne
Old 05-07-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Maybe that's why you get sick.
I think it was the only thing that helped the last time.

It usually doesn't bother me at all unless it is conditions like this. The last time I was on a ship with anything "remotely" close to these type of conditions was on the Celebration coming back up the S.E. coast from JAX. It was right after a Hurricane/Storm had went through. Forget going to the cabin on that cruise, I had a porthole in the front of the ship. Just because the cruise line is named Carnival, I didn't think my cabin would turn into a Carnival ride.

I rode it out mid-ship on the Lido, with a Meclizine and a bucket O' beer. Maybe the seas subsided or something. All I know is I sure felt better after.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
32, cruise, december, foot, hurricane, liner, reviews, ship, ships, swails, video, videos, waves