Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 07:30 PM

You would have to do a lot of spending in a short time to accumulate enough points to pay for the cruise. Get your cruise booked now. If your looking for this spring you're already late. Spring Break will be starting in March and cruises are already getting booked.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:45 PM

We're not looking to pay for the cruise with it, we'll be getting a heft tax refund and using a porting for the cruise. I was just thinking that some of the points might offset a portion of the sign and sail charges I know are going to accrue! That's what we're affraid of, we were hoping of April so that it would be around our anniversery, but could also look at September or December. We're still in the early stages of the planning!
Old 01-05-2010, 07:59 PM

To get $50 OBC you need 7200 points. You get 1 point for ever dollar you spend on your card. 2 points if the purchase on your card is a Carnival purchase.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:18 PM

Gotcha, might be worth it to get the card now in anticipation for the second cruise next year. Are they like any other rewards card? I currently make business purchases with a credit card and am reimbursed on a monthly basis, and this could be a way to earn points towards a future cruise!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:23 PM

Hi Joeinmo, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

Congrats on planning your first cruise. It took a long while of accumulating points for me to ever receive anything from it. And, only with the new Fun Points program will I finally get something back. If you run all the Carnival charges through on it, both booking and on board with your Sail & Sign account you'll get double the points.

It doesn't hurt to get started though, as I am sure once you cruise you'll love it and get hooked like we are.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 01-05-2010, 08:39 PM

We are really looking forward to the experience, We just want to make sure we make the most of it! We have friends whose family owns a few condos in Miami, so we'll more than likely start traveling from there!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:37 PM

Not sure what "ICE" is but I just used all my fun points for a cruise just to get rid of them. I changed to the seamiles Visa because you get more for your points. I spent years accumulating enough points to take what was suppossed to be any cruise of my choosing only to learn in January that I could only use my points for Carnival owned lines. I know that is a lot to choose from, but had my eye on a Rccl cruise. I was going to use the points for a Princess cruise, but my points were worth more for Carnival. I asked them if I could book it through Travelocity, Expedia, or something like that being that it cheaper than directly through the cruise line and they said no. I had to book using Carnival.com. I had a hard time getting explanations on the new program since their call center seems to be based in India, and I have trouble understanding customer service. I am glad to say that my points allowed me to get a 7 day balcony cabin for 2, $500 worth of excursions, and a small amount off airfare. My points are all gone and I will never use that card again.
Carnival Victory-04/18/10

Old 03-15-2010, 10:43 PM

ok just found where you answered ICE IslandCruz, i get it now. By the way, I received an email from the Visa Seamiles people the other day and it said that even though you have to book a cruise through the seamiles number they will match any lower price you find on other travel websites such as expedia. I was pleased to hear that.
Carnival Victory-04/18/10

Old 03-15-2010, 11:15 PM

I didn't have any problems using the new Fun Points for a Carnival cruise with booking through a Travel Agent. It was my understanding that the new points were redeemable with any of the World's Leading Cruise Lines. Which would include Princess. I didn't try that though so I can't really say how it would work. When I called to see what my point total was I did get a person with a foreign accent that talked way too fast. Try mixing that with a South Carolina accent. Let's just say, I said "could you repeat that" several times.

I will be glad to use all of my points as they jacked up the interest rate on my card. I am very happy with being able to use the points now with booking with anyone I want.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
bonus, card, carnival, credit, cruise, equal, expedia, fun, lines, points, princess, program, redemption, seamiles, seamils, what