Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 04:24 PM

I've been informed that the Seamiles program will transition to a new program called Fun Points. It looks like you will be able to use the points for on board credits as well as merchandise. I haven't seen the fine print yet to see if the cruise reward levels are more generous or not.

Here is a link.

Dwayne
Old 12-18-2009, 06:58 AM
Banned

One GREAT change is that you no longer HAVE TO USE ICE!!!

You can book through whomever you want....
Old 12-18-2009, 10:31 AM

Now that's the news I was looking for!

Dwayne
Old 12-23-2009, 10:44 PM

I'm still trying to figure it all out. So far, I have it figured from what info that has been sent to me and available online, that the points will be credited as a credit card statement credit if used for a discount. Of course I owe a balance on mine and didn't know if the offer would be different if you didn't.

My offer is saying I can use 10,000 points to reduce my balance by $100 from my last cruise.

I also received an email yesterday from who I am presuming to be "ICE" saying in essence that the new "FunPoints are not Fun". That the new program limits the choices of cruise lines, and they are upping their reward points. And of course you'd still have to book through them.

Apparently a last ditch effort by "ICE" to trick members to apply for a new credit card with bonus points and a free hotel stay.

~ Ice, Ice, Baby, - Bye, Bye, Baby!

Dwayne
Old 12-24-2009, 06:09 AM
I'll like to know why carnival don't let their credit card be use on Puerto Rico. On my last two cruises I had try to apply for it and they keep telling me that since I live in Puerto Rico I cannot apply.
Now I am losing miles or point for all I know because I am using my other credit card in order to pay for my cruises. PLEASE CARNIVAL MAKE MY CHRISTMAS WISH COME TRUE!!!

on a new note:

Since I will not be able to log on later,
FELIZ NOCHE BUENA!!!
FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!
Thanks for sharing your experiences with this Puertorrican, the bad, the good and for all this past year.
I can only hope the new year will be as great or even a better one.
Have a beautiful christmas or happy holidays like they say on tv...
Old 12-24-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
I'll like to know why carnival don't let their credit card be use on Puerto Rico. On my last two cruises I had try to apply for it and they keep telling me that since I live in Puerto Rico I cannot apply.
I'd like to know why Puerto Rico is excluded as well. I just read the Terms and Conditions, and the new program is still excluding Puerto Rico residents.

The have all the new details listed now on the Carnival site in the "Frequently Asked Questions" section.

Feliz Navidad! to you Cas!

Dwayne
Old 12-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
I'm still trying to figure it all out. So far, I have it figured from what info that has been sent to me and available online, that the points will be credited as a credit card statement credit if used for a discount. Of course I owe a balance on mine and didn't know if the offer would be different if you didn't.

My offer is saying I can use 10,000 points to reduce my balance by $100 from my last cruise.

I also received an email yesterday from who I am presuming to be "ICE" saying in essence that the new "FunPoints are not Fun". That the new program limits the choices of cruise lines, and they are upping their reward points. And of course you'd still have to book through them.

Apparently a last ditch effort by "ICE" to trick members to apply for a new credit card with bonus points and a free hotel stay.

~ Ice, Ice, Baby, - Bye, Bye, Baby!

Dwayne
I have to say I am not surprised by this....

those people were a trip (as in fall and crash!)
Old 12-27-2009, 09:01 PM

I just set up my account at the new "Fun Points" website. It's a lot different from the seamiles. But it's pretty smooth, not a big learning curve if you know what I mean.

By all appearances I can pay the balance of my Triumph cruise with the points I've accumulated. Plus it would appear that you can use them for $200 Spa Credit (my wife will enjoy this one).

All in all, I like it, Bye-Bye ICE.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-27-2009, 11:41 PM

For those that don't know what ICE means that we are mentioning. It is International Cruise & Excursion Inc. They "were" handling the bookings for rewards points with the SeaMiles program.

It has been very disappointing to say the absolute least for many members. The Seamiles program required booking through ICE to use the awarded points. Often, if not always, the cruise fares for redemption were equal or higher than what members were eligible for without using any points.

The new FunPoints program is a great improvement in my opinion. One can use any booking method and receive the point rewards as a credit on the credit card.

Bye-Bye ICE!

Dwayne
Old 01-05-2010, 06:22 PM

Hey guys and gals! My wife and I are planning our first cruise, probably looking at this spring. We have the cash to just pay for the cruise, but would it be better to apply for this card and just pay the balance to receive the points associated with the spending?

Closed Thread

Tags
bonus, card, carnival, credit, cruise, equal, expedia, fun, lines, points, princess, program, redemption, seamiles, seamils, what