Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 05:51 AM
Why does Costa Maya get such a bad rap.. We love it there. It is not so hussle a bussle there and no traffic like Cozumel.. Anyone have opinions of Costa Maya good or bad?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-24-2010, 11:22 AM

We loved Costa Maya, we were there before the hurricain, have you been there since they rebuilt?

B
Old 09-24-2010, 11:32 AM
No we have'nt.. Since Carnival quit going there out of mobile.. I rather go there then Progresso., But i have heard people on (other boards) website Name removed) saying how much a flop costa maya is and a waste of a port,and I just dont understand how so people hste it there so much..I which we were going there in November instead of Belize.. I feel safer there..

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-25-2010, 09:42 AM

Hi Tim,
I wonder what kind of a job they did in rebuilding everything there. Before the hurricain, I loved the quaintness of Majahual. Maybe its not the same now. I don't know but I would love to go back.

B
Old 09-27-2010, 07:30 PM
I was in Costa Maya in February on Norwegian. It was gorgeous. Restaurants and bars and vendors and shops right near the ship, along with a large pool. There also are hammocks etc. along the beach there. Not the biggest beach, but enough for just lounging! We loved it.

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005
Old 10-01-2010, 03:09 PM

How far is the beach from the cruise ship ? We'll be stopping there in January and I will have my 19 month old so with us. Just wondering if the beach will be easy to get to with a toddler.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:07 AM

When we were there (before the hurricain), we walked through the port shops and pool area and took a cab for $2 to the little town of Majahual. The beach was right there with the shops and restaurants. Very nice. They were completely demolished and have since rebuilt so I don't know if this is still how to get to the beach. In any case, you won't have any trouble finding out. Have a great trip.

B
Old 10-14-2010, 09:17 PM

HI
Old 12-05-2010, 07:50 PM

The day we were in Costa Maya was one of the best days of my life!!! I don't know when this hurricane happened that you're referring to, but we were there in Aug 09 and it was like heaven!!! We rented a golf cart and drove down the road to the beach. We parked at the Lighthouse Bar and were treated like kings for the next few hours. The water was so clear you could see the fish and hermit crabs swimming on the sand. We brought our own snorkle and fins and saw the beautiful fish and coral just by swimming a little off shore. The pictures we took look like postcards. When i want to think of my happy place, I think about Costa Maya !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 08:25 AM

Courteliz, you'd need to either rent a golf cart or take a cab. It's about a mile, mile and a half to the beach.

I had a great time in Costa Maya, one of the best snorkel trips I've taken. We went past the Mahual beach and got to see a little of the town. It's just a fishing village and very laid back. There were not a bunch of people pushing you to buy junk. The people in the shopping area (terminal area) did tell you to come into their stores, but they were not hard sell. We bought quite a few souvineers and had a great time. The prices were so/so, but the shops outside of the terminal were no less, so unless you just want to take pictures, there's no reason to go outside. Mamasita's has a beautiful swim up bar.

Closed Thread

Tags
bahama, beaches, belize, cayman, costa, cozumel, cruises, grand, maya, miami, moon, port, puerto, reviews, toddler