Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 06:55 PM

The Carnival cruise I took 3 years ago was a blast. So much more fun than Princess or Royal Carribean. I just returned from another Carnival cruise last week and I couldn't believe the difference. The staff went out of their way to be cold, unhelpful, and negative. Lots of passengers complained about the food; I didn't have an issue with it, but the service was consistently poor. All week, I felt like I was being tolerated on board only because I had a credit card. If that wasn't bad enough, there was country music playing in every lounge. Is Carnival trying to become a scary version of The Truman Show? If so, peel back the fake sunset and let me out of here!
Old 11-01-2009, 09:13 PM

Welcome to Cruise-Chat, judybennett. Sorry to hear that you had a disappointing cruise. You didn't mention which Carnival Ship you were on. There has to be some explanation; cruise lines are competing against each other and should be making their customer happy. I found that my last few cruises have been getting even better as far as a friendly staff goes. On my last cruise I found that there was a noticeable improvement in the quality of the food. I wasn't on a Carnival ship, but I believe it's a trend for all cruise lines. Makes me wonder why your cruise was just the opposite. You probably wouldn't have had a problem on any of Carnivals other ships.

Sonny
Old 11-02-2009, 05:32 AM

I would love to know what ship you were on too. We did our 8th cruise last month and It was the best of all the ones we have taken, and we had a blast on all earlier ones. Sometimes it only takes one person to complain and others will join in just because they can even if they have nothing to complain about. (Just my opinion).
Old 11-02-2009, 06:10 AM
Well to be fair. AND I LOVE CARNIVAL! but on my last cruise on the Valor i noticed a change in there food at the dinning area. There were a couple times i was a little unhappy with the food and thay was the first.And for the first time ever I had to adjust my tips because it was the worse wait staff i have ever had,but things happen and I cant wait til i book another Carnival cruise.. THEY ARE THE BEST!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-02-2009, 06:42 AM

Tim I would never consider adjusting the tips, but I would like to know what was wrong with the wait staff. and how much did you adjust the tips?
Old 11-02-2009, 07:08 AM

macmom111, TimC has every right to "adjust" tips if he felt the wait staff was not up to par. Timc is a frequent cruiser and knows what he should expect from the wait staff. Tips are tips and they are meant to reward good service not as a mandatory offering to supplement the crew's pay.

I have never had to adjust my tips due to poor service, although I did come close on one cruise. But I talked with the Maitre'd and the issue was promptly resolved, so no need.

As far as the OP's post goes, what is wrong with country music? You didn't mention which ship you were on, but Carnival does accommodate its customer's very well. If you were on the Holiday or the Conquest, you can bet that a vast majority of the guests on those cruises are country music fans because of where they sail from. You could also have been on a country music cruise! They have those too.

I have always found the music choices on Carnival to have a good variety but I do remember the Holiday cruise being heavily slanted towards country.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 11-02-2009, 07:13 AM

dont jump on me because I asked. I personally would never adjust tips. that is just the way I am. I tip the grocery bag boy. I was just wondering what would warrant adjusting the tips. thats it, nothing else.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:35 AM
They were very slow. We would get our food all but one and we all would sit for 4-5 min for the last person to be served.and we would be giving the wrong orders, and it was just not very organize this wait staff was very confused.. They were very friendly and you cant always be on and awesome all the time..

Old 11-02-2009, 07:39 AM
as far as i know they play a whole variety of music.. I love country all the way to classic rock, And yes i felt bad about the tips,but they should know what to do right on the next cruise. we did leave commenta about the wait staff. We usually give extra tips..

Old 11-02-2009, 07:46 AM
masmom. I can see why they should be tipped. trust me they have a hard job. But tip = good service and as many cruises i know what the diffrence is. I took away 1/3 of there tips. As bad as these guys were they were lucky i did do 100%. frankly i was shocked at the whole thing.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruises, desk, princess, purser