Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 10:39 AM

This was my first cruise and I couldn't have asked for anything better! The Glory and it's staff wwere fabulous! There is absolutely nothing that my husband or I could complain about with either the ship, food, staff, entertainment, exct. My husband is telling people it's the best vacation he's ever been on!
We did the western exotic cruise and went to cozumel, belize, costa maya, and nassau. Mexico is so beautiful I can't wait to go back. The people there treat you like royalty. In cozumel we went to the free San Francisco beach. All they ask is you buy some drinks. It was fantastic. The people were graet and so were the coronas. My teenager had some authentic quesadillas too. Belize is basically just shopping but it was fun and HOT. Costat Maya is literally the most beautifil place I've ever been to in my like. It was paradise. We rented a golf cart and went to the lighthouse bar (hut). Though it was a little scary driving off into the unknown once we got there the people made us feel at ease and it was like stepping into a postcard. There weren't a lot of people there and it was so peaceful and gorgeous it took my breath away. I'm thankful I got to experience it. Nassau, our last stop was a little disappointing because there were 3 other cruise ships besides ours and it was just too much. Too many people, too much traffic. It's hard to get around on your own and was too much to do in 5 hours. Maybe if I had a week there someday.
All in all I already can't wait to book my next Carnival cruise and meanwhile I'll have these great memories to keep me going. The Glory ROCKED!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 10:53 AM

I am booked on the Glory for Oct 3rd. where did you go in costa maya...where is the lighthouse bar?
Old 09-02-2009, 11:44 AM

Welcome home Lorian, I knew you'd be addicted. My first cruise was long ago, but I still remember how fantastic it was. One of our stops was Half Moon Cay, it was one of the most beautiful beaches I had ever seen. Being from Ft. Lauderdale, the beaches in the US just don't compare! Of course, I miss Ft. Lauderdale and the beach, but it just doesn't compare to cruising in the Caribbean. I'd also love to do a Tahitian cruise some day. I am so happy to hear that y'all were pleased with the ship and the crew. Did you have the chocolate melting cake? Please be sure to hang around on our site. And, you have to definitely let us know when you book your next cruise!
Old 09-03-2009, 05:26 AM

Welcome back Lorian!

Thanks for the great report. Nothing like your first cruise. It get's downright addicting after that. So glad you had a wonderful time on the Glory. Having cruised on her a few times myself you hit the nail on the head regarding the service and food.

Dwayne
Old 09-03-2009, 08:47 AM

When you go to Costa Maya it is a huge shopping villiage. There is a great swimming pool with a bar in the middle and a lot of people don't leave that area. we rented a golf cart from Miguel, it was either 50 or 60$. It was a liitle nervewracking drining off the port area but you make a left on the "freeway" (what Miguel called it) onto a road with a stop sign. You immediately see a lighthouse by the water a little ways down. The first bar by the lighthouse is the Lighthouse bar where we went. We parked our golf cart and the guys immediately came up to us to show us to some lounge chairs and they waited on us hand and foot the next few hours. There are more bars down the beach and the Carnival party excursion was down there but it was wonderful and peaceful where we were. A couple more people came but not many. Someone told me they took a bus to the Lighthouse but I'm not sure where they got it and stuff. It was the most beautiful place I've ever been and hope I get to go back again someday. Have fun on the Glory!!!!!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:54 AM

Yes, another cruise addict. Our evil plan is working perfectly. bwahahaahaha.... (evil laugh)

Lorian- Glad you had a wonderful time! Now you know why we all enjoy cruising so much. It truly is a great way to vacation.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 09-03-2009, 08:54 AM

The first night my husband and I were at the buffet and he grabbed a chocolate melting cake. Just as he was about to take a spoonful I told him I heard that's suppose to be good. He was like who says? and then took a bite and his eyes nearly popped out of his head. He just kept going mmmmmmmmmmmmmm while he ate it up. We had many of those throughout the week!
Old 09-09-2009, 01:00 PM

The Carnival Glory was my first cruise and I have been hooked ever since! Welcome to our world where we don't need no stinkin intervention!

lol

Read and post cruise reviews
Carnival Glory 2004
Carnival Liberty 2007
Carnival Inspiration 2008
Carnival Triumph 2008
Explorer of the Seas 2009

Closed Thread