Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
I just got word that Michael Lee Smith is going to the Pride on August 1st.

Funny how Carnival has TWO "michael smiths"...good thing they spell their names differently....
Yea, I was wondering about that. I was hoping by chance he would get re-upped to the Fantasy. I guess I shouldn't hope for too much. CruiseDad's daughter will be a dancer on the Fantasy, and Risa for CD. Whom I met many years ago on the Holiday. She is one of our own "Carolina Girls".

Do you know whatever happened to the "Kevin" guy? He had long hair and was really good. Think back 1996. I see Mark the piano "W" isn't on the schedule either.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
quote:
I just got word that Michael Lee Smith is going to the Pride on August 1st.

Funny how Carnival has TWO "michael smiths"...good thing they spell their names differently....
Yea, I was wondering about that. I was hoping by chance he would get re-upped to the Fantasy. I guess I shouldn't hope for too much. CruiseDad's daughter will be a dancer on the Fantasy, and Risa for CD. Whom I met many years ago on the Holiday. She is one of our own "Carolina Girls".

Do you know whatever happened to the "Kevin" guy? He had long hair and was really good. Think back 1996. I see Mark the piano "W" isn't on the schedule either.

I LOVE RISA!!!!!!!!!!!! She and I Facebook all the time!!

Not sure about Kevin??? I have only sailed with about 1/2 the group.

But Mark Weiser is on what we laughingly call "temporary retirement". He and another lady (as a couple...although he did all the work) won $250,000 on Don't Forget The Lyrics...
so that gave him the opportunity to wait for a job he really wanted at Sweet Caroline's in Manhattan.

So while he isn't completely ruling out coming back "to the sea"....basically he is getting to do what he loves, making good money and getting to sleep in his own bed. As long as that is happening....I don't see him coming back to Carnival.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:39 PM

Wow! I didn't know that about Mark. Guess he won't be needing his basketball hoop tip jar for a while. Yes, I hit it off with Risa. As soon as she knew where I was from she enjoyed talking about things from home whenever she'd see me. She bought me a few beers too.

That was a strange cruise as it was right after 911. A portion of those on board were leftover from the previous cruise as they couldn't get home and had boarded in Barbados. Risa did an outstanding job talking with everyone. Lots of people with anxieties. It turned out to be one of the friendliest cruises I have ever been on.

I doubt Risa remembers me, but I'll give her a ping on Facebook along with congrats on being assigned the Fantasy home ported in her home state.

You know anything about Rick Atha?
Old 12-29-2010, 08:40 PM

Exclamation Updated Schedule
Destiny Larry Maconaghy 01/10/11
Imagination Tom Grable 01/14/11
Triumph David Ross 01/15/11
Freedom Doug Ross 01/15/11
Glory Gerlald Lewis 01/23/11
Elation Lizl Strauss 01/24/11
Valor William Barclay 01/30/11
Inspiration Peter Brenner 02/07/11
Miracle Greg Gallello 02/15/11
Liberty Brad Alexander 02/19/11
Sensation Barry Miller 02/24/11
Fascination Jordan Heppner 02/24/11
Dream Tom Riccio 02/26/11
Victory Wally Boik 03/06/11
Spirit Jafar Curry 03/06/11
Ecstasy Calvin Carrington 04/11/11
Fantasy Robert Crucilla 04/23/11
Legend Angela Johnson 05/15/11
Paradise Todd Troutman 06/03/11
Pride Roger Concepcion 06/05/11
Conquest James Morris 06/12/11

Notice the Splendor is missing from the list. I will update it as soon as I get it.

Closed Thread

Tags
bar, bars, boik, carnival, cruise, david, destiny, grable, jazz, northmyrtlebeachpiano, pianist, piano, pianobar, player, ross, schedule, tom, walter