Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 10:56 AM

We are going on this cruise as well in May, leaving the 29th. We are going with friends and our kids. Our room with a balcony and our share of the kids room (three teenagers sharing a room) is a total of $2300. We are very excited to go! I liked reading about the ports! This is our 3rd cruise and I wonder if it's cheaper to book exursions through the cruise line or wait until we get off the cruise. There are always people staning there with signs wanting to book people on their tours. I know my son wants to go on a zip line and we want to snorkle, those are our only requests for exersions. Any helpful hints on the best places/most resasonable places to do these?? Otherwise at the two other ports sitting on a beach somewhere is AOK with us! :-) (oh and shopping for us moms is good too! LOL)
Old 10-19-2010, 11:28 AM

Captain Marvins in Grand Cayman (find them online) their office is just outside the tendering dock entrance. You can book online for about half of what Carnival charges for sting ray city and a reef snorkel combo.

Roatan- We used Roatan Cab Tours. We had a van for the day that took us where ever we wanted to go for about $80. They can take you zip lining at an excellent place that was priced less than half of the ship's tour and was a longer zip path. Then they can take you to a beach. We have been twice and both times we went to Foster's West Bay. There are many others and you can ask when you get there if they would recommend anything else. You can book the tour cab online.

Cozumel? easy... just go out to the taxi area and there is a listing of beaches and prices to get to each. If you have a big party you might be able to get a better per person rate.

All of your ports are easy/good to do on your own. The only one that is iffy is Roatan. You want a taxi/tour guide that will stay with you so you don't have to worry about getting a taxi.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 10-19-2010, 03:53 PM

Thanks so much for the info! I'm going to copy and paste this into my file I have started for our cruise. Sounds like exactly what we want to do. I saw you went on the Valor, did you enjoy your trip?? We LOVED the conquest last summer but the times and prices didn't add up for us this year and we waanted to go somewhere else!
Thanks again for the info!
Old 10-20-2010, 08:35 AM

The Valor is an excellent ship. We still can't figure out why it is priced so inexpensively, but we are not complaining. It is the same class as the Conquest so you will find it very easy to get around since you already have experience from the Conquest. You will have a great time!
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 10-20-2010, 09:37 AM

After reading these comments, I got curious and had to check out the prices on the Valor. Wow, great prices! Sure wish I lived closer to Miami.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
belize, belizeroatan, cab, caymen, ccl, cozemel, crew, cruise, grand, isla, line, miami, quarters, roatan, shopping, sleeping, tours