Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 04:22 PM

We have been wondering if Carnival accepts prepaid credit cards like Visa & Mastercard for payment on the Sail & Sign Cards?
Old 06-21-2009, 05:54 PM

Here are the guidelines for the Sail & Sign. Pre-paid Master and Visa are accepted.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:19 PM
i know if you over spend you will have to settle before you leave.but using those are a good idea

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-21-2009, 09:47 PM

I've suggested the pre-paid cards several times to people that don't have regular credit cards. It is a better option in my opinion than the Debit cards. Nothing wrong with Traveler's Checks either. I know quite a few people that use them for their S & S account.

Dwayne
Old 06-21-2009, 10:06 PM

we have credit cards, but we hate to use the. we always buy Ship board credit in the form of gift certificates. You still need to have a credit or debit card on file, but our bill is always paid before we board. It works for us.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
we have credit cards, but we hate to use the. we always buy Ship board credit in the form of gift certificates. You still need to have a credit or debit card on file, but our bill is always paid before we board. It works for us.
If they work well for you that's great. As you correctly said, you still need a card on file to use them. A cash deposit would work as well. I personally don't recommend them as a main funding source for the S & S account because they have terms and conditions for use on the account. They are also not replaceable if lost or stolen. Look here.

They are sure nice to give and receive though.

Dwayne
Old 06-22-2009, 06:36 AM

"""7) This certificate may not be used to pay for games of chance and or similar activities. When used as an onboard credit it can not be used to pay for gratuities."""

This is strange. We have used them for both.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:02 AM

the pre paid card is a great idea!!!!! All i have is a check card and i was thinking i would be constantly checking to make sure i dont go over (and get charged EXPENSIVE fees). Did you say you can also put down trvelers checks for the sail and sign card? Cause that would be good too. How would that work? Give them like $800 in travelers checks the first day? What if go over? What if have money left on it? My first cruise in 61 days!!!! Thanks for the help.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Did you say you can also put down trvelers checks for the sail and sign card? Cause that would be good too. How would that work? Give them like $800 in travelers checks the first day? What if go over? What if have money left on it? My first cruise in 61 days!!!! Thanks for the help.
Yes, You can probably gauge how much you will need to give them. You don't have to give it all to them at one time. If you go over they'll let you know. If you have money left on it, they will give you a check back for the difference with your final statement early morning on debarkation day.

Dwayne
Old 06-22-2009, 10:28 PM

Thanks so much! I'm definitly going to do that!

Closed Thread

Tags
accept, card, cards, carnival, credit, cruise, cruises, line, lines, paid, pre, prepaid, prepaied, prepayed, ship, sign, visas