Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2004, 01:22 AM

WOW ! Hard to believe this time next week will be our formal night on our very first cruise. I wanted to "skip" the whole thing, but my family members are really into it... go figure ! We are almost all packed except for the last minute items that go to our overnight back for hotel in Houston... oops, guess what... pjs are in the prepacked luggage... Hubby says get some more... too much trouble to unpack & make it all fit again... Thank Goodness for space bags ! Anything Im forgetting ?

Steph & gang
CELEBRATION 05-03-04
Old 04-28-2004, 01:22 AM

WOW ! Hard to believe this time next week will be our formal night on our very first cruise. I wanted to "skip" the whole thing, but my family members are really into it... go figure ! We are almost all packed except for the last minute items that go to our overnight back for hotel in Houston... oops, guess what... pjs are in the prepacked luggage... Hubby says get some more... too much trouble to unpack & make it all fit again... Thank Goodness for space bags ! Anything Im forgetting ?

Steph & gang
CELEBRATION 05-03-04
Old 04-28-2004, 11:12 AM

I'm assuming you've used space bags before... do they make your clothes more wrinkled than normal? Where can you get them (other than from the tv ads) and how much are they? Have fun on your trip- you will see that there is no other way to vacation. and don't skip formal night. It's really fun to get dressed up - atleast for the women!
Old 04-28-2004, 11:24 AM

Hello. We are doing our second cruise on RCI on June 6th, and our first formal night. We didn't want to do it either, but when I found "the dress", it was no longer an option. About the space bags. I have seen them at Linens N Things, and other stores like that. I have used them once, for our honeymoon in Scotland in beginning of March. We packed LOTS of heavy winter sweaters, and such into the space bags. They worked great. That was before all these luggage weight limits, the airlines have now. I read that some people are getting slapped with $50 or more per bag weight limit fines. So, if you are using space bags, you possibly could be over your weight limit. I don't know if you are flying or not. If you are check with the airline on their luggage limit. My mom had to pay $50 fine on Alaska airlines, cause her bag was 3 pounds over the 50 pound limit. That can really add up quick. Have fun and enjoy getting all dolled up.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, formal, night, skip