Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 08:36 AM

Hi All We are embarking on our first family cruise in June on the Pride out of Baltimore. We have four kids 8-16...any recommendation on which seating works out better. I think we are currently scheduled for the late one. Thanks so much....most of you have been on SOOO many cruises it seems......lucky lucky!
Old 05-04-2009, 08:36 AM

Hi All We are embarking on our first family cruise in June on the Pride out of Baltimore. We have four kids 8-16...any recommendation on which seating works out better. I think we are currently scheduled for the late one. Thanks so much....most of you have been on SOOO many cruises it seems......lucky lucky!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:38 AM

You will get a lot of different opinions on this based on individuals own subjective views. I think you have to look at what works for you and your family. What is your eating schedule at home? Are you usually eating quite early or late? Are you late night people and will be staying up for a while after dinner? Will the kids be staying up late? With late dining you most likely will not be finished dining until 10PM. Some people like late dining because they feel it's not as rushed, they like taking their time dressing and having a drink before dinner. Some feel early dining cuts into their port time. But looking at your port schedule I don't think this would be the case. Also, Carnival has gone to open dining on some ships, and all ships soon. I believe the Pride might be one of the ships that already has the open dining.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:51 AM
With kids as young as you have, I'd say the early seating would be best - can't imagine an 8 year old waiting that long to eat - we love the anytime dining option - however - there's only 2 of us - sometimes larger parties have to wait longer for a table

Old 05-04-2009, 04:31 PM

My family always likes the early dining. My kids range from 6 to 18. We eat, go to the shows and then go to the lido deck for pizza and ice cream before going to bed. My 18 year old will go out late while the kids and us go on to bed for the night.

But, as stated in the earlier post, look at your family's wants and needs when you make that decision.

Carnival Glory - May 2009
Carnival Glory - April 2007
Carnival Glory - April 2005

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-04-2009, 07:51 PM

As has been stated the early/main seating is usually best for kids, but it depends on your eating habits and preferences.

You can request a change any time up until sailing. If they can't confirm the request they will waitlist the request. You can still request the change once onboard as well.

Cruise Fanatic also mentioned the Open Seating option. It is now available on the Carnival Pride as of last week. It has been my experience in the past that the early/main seating is usually more in demand than the late.

Which ever you decide, don't forget to try the pumpkin soup and chocolate melting cake.

Dwayne
Old 05-06-2009, 05:36 AM

thank you for the advice........that Chocolate melting cake must be something..soooo many people mention it in their reviews.....
Old 05-06-2009, 06:35 AM

It's awesome! I had it every night on our Holiday cruise. The other food is pretty good, too
Old 05-07-2009, 08:00 PM
we love to eat early and get a pizza later.you seem to have more of a relaxed nite that way.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-08-2009, 01:33 AM

I usually eat late and still get some pizza later.

Of course, I stay out later than most. I say hello and meet the pizza crew the first day. It is so funny when I'm in line late at night to get some pizza and the other people say to them "Is that all you have" in a rude sort of way, and they reply yes. When it's my turn they ask what I'd like and say they'll have it ready in so many minutes. I guess a kind word and a thank you goes a long way.

It reminds me of a Seinfeld episode in a way. Sorry for the drift, it sorta has something to do with late dining though.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, cruise, dining, dinner, early, late, miracle, pride, reviews, royal, staying, switching, yahoo