Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 02:07 PM

I have been debating on which line to cruise this year for months. I have been on Royal Caribbean and Carnival Miracle and vowed not to cruise Carnival again because I didn't think it was as nice. However, I just realized that I qualify for a free cruise on my credit card with Carnival and it seems stupid not to do it. I was thinking of the Victory due to a good itenerary. Can anyone give me any reason not to go on the Victory? I will be getting a balcony cabin and will have at the most one at sea day. Also, I can't seem to find too many pics of the pool area, can anyone tell me more about the pools and food? Thanks for all your help.
Carnival Victory-04/18/10

Old 02-23-2010, 03:35 PM

I cannot think of a single reason why I would hesitate to take a free cruise on the Carnival Victory.

I found some pictures of the pools by doing a Google search. The food should be consistent with the Miracle's and easily within par of Royal Caribbean's.

Dwayne
Old 02-25-2010, 03:55 PM

Thanks I think I will try the Victory!

Old 02-26-2010, 10:04 AM

You won't regret taking this itinerary. It's fantastic. When we went they still went to Antigua instead of St Maartin. I would love to go back to St Maartin someday.

FUTURE CRUISES:

Carnival Dream .......... April 30, 2011

PAST CRUISES:

Carnival Victory .......... May 09
Carnival Destiny .......... Oct 07
Carnival Fascination ..... Jun 97
Carnival Fascination ..... May 00
Carnival Carnivale ........ May 86
Old 02-27-2010, 01:16 AM

Thanks DakotaBee, I am sure I will love all the ports. I have been to St. Thomas and St. Maarten and I am looking forward to going back and doing something different.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:18 AM

You should not take the cruise. Give it to me and let me suffer
If you google "Carnival Miracle pool" you will get lots of webshot of the pool.
Enjoy your cruise.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:23 AM

I found the food on Carnival Elation (Nov. 2009) MUCH better than food on any of my four recent Royal Caribbean cruises.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:22 AM
Banned

While it is true that this cruise is free, since you did not like the Miracle...I am not sure you will like the Victory.

We cruised on the Miracle just a few months after you and it was one of our best Carnival cruises. (I think we had done between 15-20 at that time.)

The Victory will be consistant with the food, entertainment, experience and service as the Miracle...just a different lay out.

If you are thinking about sailing out of San Juan, I would only sail when school is in session. But that is because we only sail (from any port) when school is in session. We find it a better experience.

My 18 year old son and I have 34 Carnival cruises under our belts (on all but 3 of the ships)in the past 12 years. Some were better than others, but only one (on the Holiday in Dec 2007) has ever been below par.

Since it is free....I would go on the ship that provided the best ports....but do remember that going to a port is not guaranteed. (weather, medical emergencies etc can cause a port to be skipped)

If you go with the right frame of mind, you will have a good time. If you go thinking it will be bad, but you are going because it is free....you are wasting your time...free or not.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:23 AM

spyder,
It is hard to say whether you will like the Victory or not. To say you didn't like the Miracle "because it wasn't as nice as Royal Caribbean", is ambiguous. What exactly was it you didn't like? The lay out of the ship, size of the ship, the entertainment, the food, the service? Further we don't know what ships with Royal Caribbean you've been on. There are certain Royal Caribbean ships that will compare with Carnival ships, and then others will not. It looks like by your cruise ticker you've already booked the Victory. I really see no reason you shouldn't like the Victory if you keep an open mind.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:42 AM

spyder, You just received some great advice in the previous two posts from LHP and Cruise Fanatic. I hope you listen to it and go with an open mind. If you do, you are most likely to have a wonderful cruise.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
18, bad, carnival, entertainment, food, free, miracle, olds, photos, review, reviews, spa, staterooms, victory, year