Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 05:32 AM

I saw a very cheap cruise. It starts Oct 18 for 7 Nights at Miami, West Caribean on the Valor.
I have never made any cruise before. Is the time for a caribbean cruise well choosed?
I booked Balkony on the 8th floor in the middle.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:59 AM

I have cruised many times during the month of October. It is a good time of the year to travel as the prices are cheaper and the crowds are down. The kids are back in school. October is hurricane season. However; the ship can track the storm and change its itinerary to avoid the storm. The location you chose is a good location. The Lido deck is one deck above you which will make it quick to run up for a cup of coffee. You may hear a little scraping of chairs above from the restaurant.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:25 AM

Hi funboy247, welcome to Cruise-Chat. We have cruised many times during October. My hubby's birthday is October 20th, so I try to pick cruises around that time. So far, we've had great luck with fantastic weather. Sounds perfect to me! Hope you have a wonderful cruise! You're going to love the balcony. It's great to go out to watch the sunrise/sunset with your beverage of choice, smell the wonderful ocean air, and enjoy the warmth of the sun. Best wishes, and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 06-24-2009, 06:41 AM

Thanks!!! That sound`s great to me and I`m looking forward to travel by ship in best american atmosphere!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 08:18 AM

Hi funboy247, and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

I too have cruised many times in October from Florida. As Cruise Fanatic said you chose a good deck location, especially for a Conquest Class ship. If a storm should develop they'll re-route the ship away from it.

Dwayne
Old 07-01-2009, 08:56 AM
The best time to go i think..We will be on the Valor 2 weeks before you..We have nrver had a problem with hurricanes in oct.. The weather is great and not as hot that time of the year..HAVE A BLAST!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-06-2009, 02:41 PM

I have cruised with Carnival, Princess, NCL, and Royal Caribbean...October is my month of choice. Cruises are less expensive, it is not as hot. One caveat, buy INSURANCE. On 10/23/2005, a hurricane passed through Miami and we were not sure if we could go. Without insurance, we could not have made our own CHOICE. We were dependent on the cruise lines to decide and I wasnt sure whether we could travel there. Long story short, we cruised for the first time on the VALOR and a hurricane passed through, fiercely while we were in the Bahamas. Our car (parked at a nearby hotel) had a tree on it upon our arrival in Miami and there was no electricity to pump gas. Thanks to the forethought of my DH, we had a tank full and were able to remove the tree and drive the car. It had minimal damage.
If we had insurance, we might have stayed home and went another time, as it was scheduled to pass right about the time we were to set sail. (Everyone panicking here where we live in Cocoa Beach and even more so in Miami)
Old 07-07-2009, 06:35 AM

Hi carnivalfreqflyer, welcome to Cruise-Chat. That's a fantastic suggestion. We ALWAYS buy insurance, becaue you never know what might happen. Glad to hear that you were able to cruise and return. Sorry about your car, though My heart broke for those people stranded in Galveston from Ike (I think that was the one that flooded out the port). I doubt any of them were able to find their cars and if they did, they surely couldn't have driven them. Are y'all going to take the Dream out of Port Canaveral? Some of our family lived in Eau Gallie ages ago, and I went surfing in Cocoa Beach many times. That's a really nice area. Hope you'll visit our board often. Best wishes!
Old 07-07-2009, 11:09 AM

Hi carnivalfreqflyer, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

As Penny said, that is a great idea, and excellent advice. I cruise in October often as well and have had a few close calls. If you live in an area that has a hurricane coming your way, even if it is not headed in the direction of the cruise port it can be a problem. I had to cancel a cruise once in September because a hurricane was heading in my direction. You have to have the right coverage for these instances though.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
18, caribbean, carnival, carribean, cruise, date, forum, hurricanes, october, reviews, royal, valor, weather, west, western