Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:57 AM

I just returned from my 1st cruise on the Carnival Triumph. If at all possible, I recommend a balcony room. If you are with others, get adjoining rooms and the balconies can be opened to adjoin also, great fun! Also you can purchse drink cards which are $21.50 for four drinks. When you purchase these, you don't have to pay gratuities on each drink. This can be a great savings. Beer was approx. $20.00 for four plus gratuity. Mixed drinks were $5.50 plus. If you sail on a full ship expect to stand in long lines for the buffets. The food was very good and the shows were exceptional. Also, if you are interested in how things work, book the Behind the Fun Tour. It is $ 95.00 per person and is very well worth it!!!! The tour is 3 hours long and takes you throughout the ship where crew only is allowed. There are gifts at the end of the tour as well as pastries and a card from the head chef sent to your room as well as 8 - 8x10 photos taken on the tour (on the bow of the ship, on the bridge with the captain). It was amazing. You need to book this tour immediately. The tour is on the last sailing day and is limited to 2 tours of 16 people each. Pretty cool to do someting that not everyone gets to do. I will probably not cruise again because I am more of an all-inclusive type person. I also like large pools and the beach. Also the Port of Progresso is very cool if you like things a little less commercialized. I don't think I would eat any of the food there or drink anything that doesn't come in a bottle. Happy Sailing
Old 04-25-2010, 11:36 PM

Welcome back LOMO!

Thanks for this report.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:34 AM

Welcome back, LOMO It sounds like you had a good cruise all in all. Sorry you didn't become addicted, but there are those that don't like cruising. Thankfully, we all have options.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a great review. Also, for the inside info on the tour. Sounds like a lot of fun. I might try to see if we can do that on the Valor. My friend has not cruised before and I know that would be exciting for her. I've been cruising for many years and was able to take advantage of the ship tours before they started charging. I totally agree about the balcony, I love it!

Best wishes! Just because you don't want to cruise again, don't forget our site. You can add knowledge anytime now, since you've been there.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:42 PM

Where do you purchase the drink cards from?
Old 04-27-2010, 03:42 AM

I was under the impression they quit offering the cards, at least on certain ships and itineraries. They didn't have them on the Fascination last year. I was a bit disappointed as I had planned to buy a few for friends.

Dwayne
Old 04-27-2010, 08:20 AM

Long Time Waiting, I believe you can purchase them at their website. Here is the link. If they do offer them on board, you'd be able to purchase them at one of the bars.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Administrator

There is often a lot of confusion about Carnival's drink cards/coupons. I get it mixed up most of the time.

The drink coupons are sold online only, and you get 4 coupons for $21.25. Each coupon is good for a drink not exceeding $5.25. The coupons include gratuity. You cannot get a refund for unused coupons.

They offer a Drink Of The Day card, although it seems it is not sold on all cruises. It is only good for the DOD and from what I've read it is like getting 5 DODs for the price of 4. Again, it is nonrefundable.

Finally, Carnival offers an open bar card but only for group bookings of 30 or more people and everyone in the group has to buy it or the deal is off. This is for corporate groups, things like that.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:03 AM

My wife is a beach and pool girl too, but she loves cruising. She says she can get a great view of the ocean at all times on a cruise. We have thought about cruising on the Triumph. How did you like the overall condition and decor of the ship?
Old 04-27-2010, 07:25 PM

Dave, yes I was referring to the DOD card in my post.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, coupon, cruise, cruises, crusie, fun, info, things, time, tour