Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 07:03 PM

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to post that my husband and I will be taking a Cruise on the Holiday June 11th 2009 to Cozumel and we both agree that it will be an exciting, fun filled vacation as well as a sad one. The Holiday is leaving Carnival Cruise Lines in Nov. of this year. (I think it will be going to the Spanish Fleet - of this I am not 100% sure) But no matter where she is going, she will be missed!!!! Although she is Carnival's oldest and smallest ship, she has served her passengers well thru the years and she has done so with pride and excellence! She has given many families thousands of memories that they will treasure for years to come including my own. We took our first Cruise on the Holiday; for that fact she will always be special, but we have been on 4 Cruises since and none of them have compared to the first one on her......they have not even come close to meeting the standard of service and profection that the staff show on the Holiday. So, when we were planning our vacation this year, we decided to book JUST ONE LAST CRUISE ON HER before she is no longer with us. MAYBE SHE SHOULD BE IN YOUR VACTION PLANS THIS YEAR AS WELL She will be missed, she will be missed very much by many! I'm just glad that we can say that we were one of the many who sailed on her in her time.

Good-bye Lady Holiday

Hope

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-13-2009, 07:03 PM

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to post that my husband and I will be taking a Cruise on the Holiday June 11th 2009 to Cozumel and we both agree that it will be an exciting, fun filled vacation as well as a sad one. The Holiday is leaving Carnival Cruise Lines in Nov. of this year. (I think it will be going to the Spanish Fleet - of this I am not 100% sure) But no matter where she is going, she will be missed!!!! Although she is Carnival's oldest and smallest ship, she has served her passengers well thru the years and she has done so with pride and excellence! She has given many families thousands of memories that they will treasure for years to come including my own. We took our first Cruise on the Holiday; for that fact she will always be special, but we have been on 4 Cruises since and none of them have compared to the first one on her......they have not even come close to meeting the standard of service and profection that the staff show on the Holiday. So, when we were planning our vacation this year, we decided to book JUST ONE LAST CRUISE ON HER before she is no longer with us. MAYBE SHE SHOULD BE IN YOUR VACTION PLANS THIS YEAR AS WELL She will be missed, she will be missed very much by many! I'm just glad that we can say that we were one of the many who sailed on her in her time.

Good-bye Lady Holiday

Hope

Old 04-13-2009, 07:49 PM
my wife and i love the holiday also. we have sailed on her 2 times. we wanted to book on her last voyage but family voted no. we will also be sad she is going to spain with her new name grand holiday. she will be with her sister ship grand celebration. many good times on her and too many drinks lol. i wish they would keep her but they need the space for new ships.grat service,crew and still was a beuty.
so long holiday we will miss you!!!! xoxoxo

Old 04-13-2009, 08:02 PM

She will indeed be missed. She was my refuge a few weeks after 911. I hadn't smiled or laughed for what felt like an eternity until I got on board. I will never forget that cruise and the wonderful crew. She has a character all her own, and has provided so much fun for so many. I wonder what the final guest sailed count, and miles traveled will be under the Carnival brand.

Dwayne
Old 04-13-2009, 08:56 PM

Tim - it's a shame your family said no to sailing on her for the last time, I'm sure you guys would have had a blast! Maybe you can still talk them "in-to it"

Dwayne - it's nice to hear that she was a saving grace to you in your time of need, as I'm sure she has beem to many in years before. I hope she will continue to do the same for the people in Spain.

I know she will live up to her new name "The Grand Holiday" for SHE HAS BEEN GRAND INDEED!

Hope

Old 04-14-2009, 05:52 AM

If only I could hit the lottery We had a blast on her last July, she's a great ship. I'm glad we were able to sail her before she left. I didn't know she was a sister ship to the Jubilee when we first boarded, but I kept saying, she reminds me so much of the Jubilee. Then someone informed me that she was a sister ship, well, DOH! I'm glad you get to sail on her before she takes on a latin persona. I love sailing out of Mobile, now if they'd just add some itineraries and ships. Have a fantastic cruise!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:37 AM

I agree the holiday will be greatly missed. We cruise our first cruise on her and she left a lasting impression. I think because of the wonderful ship, crew, entertainment, hospitality, cleanliness, and just plain fun added to the addiction to cruising we have today.
We have cruised on her 3 times (I live about 1150 from mobile)so it was not a matter of convience that we cruised her. She will be greatly missed. I will certainly miss the smaller ships.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:11 AM
Banned

We have sailed on her many times.

We did our "goodbye" cruise in December 2007 (I think)....I will have to look at the list to verify (LOL)

She is headed to Spain to join the Celebration and become The Grand Holiday. I think the cruise line is called Ibero (???)
Old 04-14-2009, 08:13 AM
penny is rihgt. carnival needs to have a diffrent itenary from mobile.we have been to progresso and we hated it.we which they would go back to costa maya. but they can go to grand caymen,even belize,or roatan . i heard they will eventually have 2 ships leaving out of mobile.so we hope that will happen,we are in atlanta and its only a 6 hr drive

Old 04-14-2009, 01:45 PM

quote:
penny is rihgt. carnival needs to have a diffrent itenary from mobile.

They will have six special 7 day Western Caribbean sailings on the Fantasy in 2010. Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. The dates are May 8 & 15, July 3 & 10, and October 23 & 30.

I need to get some of my Holiday pictures scanned, I didn't have a digital camera the last time I sailed on her.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, fun, funship, good, goodbye, goodbyes, grand, holiday, leaving, lyrics, review, sad, ship, song