Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 08:28 AM

thinking of cruising the Carnival Liberty on March 6, eastern caribbean already sailed the western on the Triumph how does the Liberty compare
Old 08-03-2009, 09:35 AM

The Liberty is six years newer. Size wise not a real significant difference, only about 9 ton. Layout of the ship and some amenities a little different. Like Liberty has basketball and volley ball, Triumph doesn't. Triumph has golf simulator, Liberty doesn't. Some differences in dining options. Triumph has Asian and Liberty doesn't. Liberty has a Supper Club, outdoor BBQ, Mongolian, Mexican, and Fish & Chips an Triumph doesn't.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:41 PM
We just got back off the Liberty and I must say I was so impressed with the whole package I think it to be the absolute best of all Fun Ships I have been on. If you go get the Silver dinning room with Elvis Maitred'. Noonan was the Cruise Director and did a great job. The food was excellant and the Captain awesome, not only for his smarts moving the ship, but he actually joined in on the cancer walk with everyone. It is a big ship yes and for those who like the convience of a small ship it is overwhelming, but I like the big liners myself and in a day could navigate quite well. Just remember Promade deck is the key to going from one end to the other. Between the dinning rooms is the Galley which messes up the elevators. I felt like I was welcomed into a family gathering from day one to the end of the seven. Would diffenately take her again if that combination of people running it.
2004 Esctasy CATALINA-MEXIC0
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO
2006 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2007 Pride MEXICAN RIVIERA
2008 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2008 Destiny SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
2009 Liberty EASTERN CARIBBEAN
2010 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2011 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2012 Crown Princess EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN
Old 09-06-2009, 05:27 PM

Hi.

Liberty is a bit more expensive than the Triumph from what I have gathered. I have been on both. Liberty is newer. We enjoyed the Carnival product - lots of pool games, competitions, band by the pool most of the day. IF that is your thing, Carnival is the line. It is the fun ship. We are now into a more relaxed cruise and have moved to Princess.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, catalina, cruise, expensive, liberty, ship