Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2005, 12:14 PM

We are getting ready to sail to Playa Del Carmen and Cozumel on Feb. 14th. I have been reading some very negative reviews and am about half scared to go. A lot of them were at the end of December where the propellers weren't working correctly and they were given no notice and couldn't go to Mexico. Guess they just sailed out 50 miles and floated around on the ocean for 5 days, in cold weather. That does not sound like fun to me. Wondering if anyone knows if this problem has been taken care of (have you cruised since the end of Dec04??) and any other comments regarding the Holiday cruise out of Mobile Alabama. I'm more then a little worried at this point.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:14 PM

We are getting ready to sail to Playa Del Carmen and Cozumel on Feb. 14th. I have been reading some very negative reviews and am about half scared to go. A lot of them were at the end of December where the propellers weren't working correctly and they were given no notice and couldn't go to Mexico. Guess they just sailed out 50 miles and floated around on the ocean for 5 days, in cold weather. That does not sound like fun to me. Wondering if anyone knows if this problem has been taken care of (have you cruised since the end of Dec04??) and any other comments regarding the Holiday cruise out of Mobile Alabama. I'm more then a little worried at this point.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:53 AM

The Hoiliday is fixed to operate normally until dry dock repairs later this year.

David
Old 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thanks so much David. I was really starting to panic. I'm very **** and like my vacations to go as planned. Doesn't that sound like fun? lol

Anyway, thank you for the update!
Old 02-04-2005, 04:06 PM

Sheri:

I was on the Holiday last week (Jan. 22) and had a great time. While the ship is not as glitzy as some, we had no problems.

The only thing negative that I can think of: go to the restroom before you get off the ship at the dock in Mobile. There appears to be only one facility, and it is unisex/handicap. I finally located one while walking around in Cozumel. Charged me $.50 to go in, though.

Enjoyed a pretty good lunch at Pancho's Backyard, if you're so inclined. Three Mexicans playing a xylophone, and you can go up and play with them, get your picture made, the "touristy" stuff you know.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:11 PM

Just be careful when taking your photo with the band, or anyone in the ports. Theyt will welcome you with open arms, then charge you $5.00 plus for their services. Right, Tom?

David
Old 02-05-2005, 01:03 PM

Ah, I see. I know the Bahamas was just as bad. Little kids trying to sell you anything and everything they could. Which usually if you just keep saying no, they leave you alone. Eventually. lol

Closed Thread

Tags
sheristw