Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 05:14 PM

took our first cruise a looooooong time ago, back in the 70s on the carnival carnivale. we didnt cruise for almost 30 yrs. we have now cruised 8 times and really looking forward to our 10 so we can get the "v i p" treatment.
we can not find our documents that said we cruised in the 70s. how can i prove this. does carnival keep records that far back?
ok any help would be appreciated.
oh yea....booked cruise on the dream today. now counting down the days...18 months is a long way away.lol
Old 03-19-2009, 05:41 PM

Hi macmom, I moved this here. I hope you got my message. I really don't know how far back they have the records. They changed their past guest record keeping system several years back and were putting the old ones in a database. I had some cruises missing and they found them. I was on the Carnivale 1993 and they found it and the cabin number.

Go to your profile on their site. Look at your cruise history, there is a link to make an Add/Update Cruise History request. Put all the details you have there. They will research it and then add it.

Congrats on the Dream booking!

Dwayne
Old 03-19-2009, 06:06 PM

thanks for moving my post to the right place. as soon as i hit post now, i realized it was at the wrong place. thanks for the info. going to do that right now.....
Old 03-19-2009, 07:32 PM

My wife cruise on Carnival in the early 80's and they had the information.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
My wife cruise on Carnival in the early 80's and they had the information.
I have to give them kudos for taking the time to enter all the old info they could into a database. They still have a few quirks with it. I had two past guest numbers and had changed addresses and phone numbers. They still found the cruises and combined them. It just took them a while.

Dwayne
Old 03-20-2009, 06:23 AM

I have to admit, Carnival has the best record keeping system in the industry. They found one of mine in the early 90's that I was afraid was lost forever. It may not be on a computer database but they probably have microfiche of cruises from decades ago.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:01 AM
Banned

This is from Carnival......

Getting old cruises added:

We will be happy to enter these older sailings into the system manually and update your cruise history but we will need to verify your past sailings with Carnival Cruise Lines.
Please provide one of the following:

Boarding pass
Cruise documents
Sail and Sign card with your name
Sail and Sign statement
Embarkation Photo with ship and sailing date and current photo ID.

Mail to:
Carnival Cruise Lines
3655 NW 87th Avenue
Miami, Florida 33178-2428
Attention: Renee Whitehead/Mischelle Beattie
Mailstop: MSMK-655s
Or
Fax to: 305-406-6611

*If faxing or mailing information please be sure to include your name, address, phone number, date of birth and email address along with your proof of sailing. This will allow us to enter your information into the database and issue you a past guest number as soon as possible.
If there is anything else we can do for you please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you for choosing Carnival Cruise Lines and we look forward to welcoming you back aboard another one of our "Fun Ships" soon.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:03 AM
Banned

I wanted to also add that "sometimes" if you used a TA (which most folks did back then)...they may have some old records to help with the verification.

We had to have 8 cruises added from 1982- 1987.

We had the Embarkation pictures for all but the first one and they accepted a Kodak picture.

Good Luck!!
Old 03-20-2009, 05:41 PM

LHP, Thanks for posting the additional information. I hope they can find it for macmom. Mine was lost before they had them on the site. I just called a number, of course mine was only in the early 90's. It still took them a little while because of having two past guest numbers.

Dwayne
Old 03-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Thanks for this info. Our high school took a "Senior Cruise" for graduation & I still have the old pass. I will be more than happy to fax them this info if it means getting VIP a cruise sooner.

Closed Thread

Tags
back, carnival, cruise, cruises, embarkation, guest, line, louise, past, photo, prove, record, records, ship, thelma, watching