Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 05:53 PM

If you notice a lower rate for your cruise, do you bother to change it? I callled Carnival just out of curiosity and they said you have to fill out a form. If the cruise is already payed for, is it worth it or should I just leave it. It was an early saver rate.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-31-2009, 05:53 PM

If you notice a lower rate for your cruise, do you bother to change it? I callled Carnival just out of curiosity and they said you have to fill out a form. If the cruise is already payed for, is it worth it or should I just leave it. It was an early saver rate.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-31-2009, 06:44 PM

I think it's worth it to call. They will usually adjust the price. It happened to me two times. Once they gave me an on board credit for the difference and once they actually charged my credit card the lower rate. I usually book early and they have been very flexible.

You also have to be sure it is the same type of booking. If it's a different promotion you may not qualify. Won't hurt to check into it.
Good luck!

Carnival Sensation 02/2003
Carnival Miracle 09/2006
Carnival Inspiration 08/2007

Carnival Glory~08/2009
Old 05-31-2009, 07:56 PM

We take every rate cut we can. Your cruise is 10 months off, I would take the discount. We have never had to fill out any paper work, but we use a TA.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:20 PM

I would definitely send the form in every time it drops. That's the main reason I chose the Early Saver rate so I would be protected up until 2 business days before sailing. Heck, I would send the form in if it was only $5 difference. That was the deal in exchange for it being a non-refundable deposit. Plus, it was a substantial discount.

There is another thread here with some links I posted for information.

Dwayne
Old 06-01-2009, 05:02 AM

It should be noted the lower rate must be advertised by Carnival. It can't be something you see advertised by Expedia, Orbitz, or any other mega online agencies,or any Travel Agency special promotions, group rates, etc.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:45 PM

I call my Carnival PPC. He tells me the rate is the same or gone down and I go from there.Usually he puts the differance back on my credit card, but if the cruise date is to close he gives me onboard credit.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, change, cruise, date, days, early, form, promotions, rate, rates, review, rtes, rules, saver, worth