Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 08:21 AM
has anyone gone on a cruise to alaska in may? i can get a great deal on a cruise out of seattle on the carnival spirit in 2010. how is the weather. to cold? rainy? etc. and are the pools heated or just shutdown during these cruises?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-13-2009, 09:44 AM

Haven't been on a cruise to Alaska, but did have friends that lived there for a few years that I visited. The weather is always fickle. It can be 80 one minute and 40 the next. The sun can be shining, then all of a sudden, here comes the rain. If it truly is a good deal, take it, it's beautiful country. I'm sure the cruises are fantastic. It's just not on my list right now, I want to do the Panama Canal and Europe first, then maybe Alaska. But we love snorkeling, so right now, the Caribbean is our choice.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:48 PM

Hey Tim, We went on an Alaskan cruise May, 2007. And yes it was cool and rainy. However, after the 2nd day, the sun came out and it was great weather for the rest of the cruise. Temps in the 50's We were on the Island Princess and the pool was heated. You just have to hurry for your towel once you get out and the cold air hits you. LOL. Weather is a crap shoot. We checked weather.com every day and it said 60% chance of rain the whole time. What do they know. It's a great cruise. I would bring a pancho along just in case. RickyB

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, alaskan, carnival, cruise, fantasy, glory, heated, pool, spirit