Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Just feed me when I get hungry....
You would have been happy on the Elation last month. I think we were all impressed by the dining room food.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:48 PM

My only concern with anytime dinig is that you don't get the same waiter. I like having someone who remembers me and what I like and don't like. Anyone else feel that way?
Old 08-01-2010, 02:46 PM

I believe you can request the same waiter.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:51 PM

Anytime dining is not for everyone. I don't enjoy it. I like to know that I have a seat at a certain time in the dining room and the same waiter. I think it makes cruising more pleasurable. I've tried No Style, I mean Free Style and think it stinks.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Administrator

We do both, but it depends on the cruise. Next year is a special cruise for us on the Allure, and I don't want to be boxed in with assigned seating. But there are many dining choices on that ship and we plan to dine in those alternate locations on most nights. We'll likely have a dinner en suite too. So I decided to not tie up an assigned seating for three people.

However there is something comforting about knowing where you are going to sit, and when the doors open you simply walk to your table and sit down and shortly your waiter hands you the menu as he or she says good evening.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Just feed me when I get hungry....
I've had my share of complaints and/or things not being perfect on Carnival over the years. One thing I can say is the food has always been wonderful. Well, with the exception of one late night BLT.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:08 AM

PA Steve,

When we were on the Dream this past April, we had Open Seating dining or whatever you want to call it, and were served by the same Wait Team every night. The hostesses seemed to remember who we were served by, and sat us in that section nightly. One night we were a bit later than usual dining, and were given a choice of different servers, or we could wait for a table in the usual section. We chose to wait, got a pager, and went to grab a cocktail while we waited. The wait was less than 20 minutes.

Carnival Dream April 2010
Old 08-03-2010, 10:30 AM

We had the same waiter every night but one when we were on the Valor. Our waiter came over to us and asked if everything was ok. We said, of course, but they sat us at this table tonight. From them on we asked for him by name and were always seated in his section. I like not being locked into one time.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
When we were on the Dream this past April, we had Open Seating dining or whatever you want to call it, and were served by the same Wait Team every night. The hostesses seemed to remember who we were served by, and sat us in that section nightly. One night we were a bit later than usual dining, and were given a choice of different servers, or we could wait for a table in the usual section. We chose to wait, got a pager, and went to grab a cocktail while we waited. The wait was less than 20 minutes.
ref93, Thank you for that information. I was wondering how it was going to work when wanting the same wait team. I knew about the pager for waiting. This should work out well for the next cruise because of varying port times.

Closed Thread

Tags
anytime, carnival, cruise, dining, dinner, fixed, late, majesty, oasis, online, reserved, review, seas, seating, table, time, v