Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pink845:
Shame on Carnival.
Why? They may have altered the Captain's party with discounted drinks, but they actually added an additional Farewell party with free drinks, plus they also have a repeaters.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:27 PM

It is really just a format change. As I posted they added another event with free drinks. The Captain's Celebration is usually held on the first Cruise Elegant night so most people were dressed up. I'm not defending them by any means, I just don't think the cost of free drinks was the main factor with the change. I've heard they get a pretty good wholesale price from the liquor distributors.

Dwayne
Old 03-11-2010, 09:13 AM

wooddon-

I think Air Canada changed the policy to only 1 checked bag late last year (to the US). Flying in Canada, still 2 bag allowance. You are right, West Jet allows 2. I just flew with them.

B
Old 03-17-2010, 06:49 AM

Believe me... Carnival did not stop the practive of the formal reception to save money. Like Dwayne said, Carnival is not a normal customer at the Package Store... They buy LOTS of alcohol. With the amount of passengers on the increasingly larger ships, it's just a matter of being able to facilitate such a large group of individuals. I applaud Carnival for still trying to recognize previous cruisers in other formats. The VIP perks are still in place and tempt you to continue sailing with them. People are inherently dissatisfied with any change that seems to inhibit the free inbibing of any libation but they should be conscious of the fact that Carnival is, indeed, a business that secures its profitability by pleasing its customer base. They are thankful for your business and hope to have you on a return voyage.

Closed Thread

Tags
bahamas, captains, carnival, cruise, cruises, day, dinner, imagination, july, miami, night, party, price, spirit, table