Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 06:05 PM

I wondered about this a few years ago...On my last cruise I noticed that there actually is a place where it is possible to fall off.
During the life boat drill, I noticed that there are several small openings in the railing{to allow access to the life boats/equipment}. The openings have a chain across attached with a hook. SO....if someone removed the chain AND it was dark AND a person was "messing-around" down there( its pretty dark at night) it could happen....Other than that area, I have never seen a place on the ship where a person could fall of accidentally.
Jul.07, March08....
Ecstasy March, 2010
Old 06-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by pink845:
Dear all,

I What about people who sleep walk? A person who sleep walks not always knows what they are doing and could possibly do this in their sleep. These things keep me from cruising in a balcony cabin with my kids. Only insides for them.
That is one of the reasons why I liked the Cat 6E cabins on the Destiny and Conquest Class. It is too bad they are removing them.I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter who loves to climb. The floor to ceiling windows have no railing to climb over.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:35 PM

Well now let’s get real:

It does take more than a little effort to “fall off’ a cruise ship. I worked deep sea and in the Canadian Military and yes it was possible to be washed overboard.

If a person really wanted he or she could fall or jump out of a plane but again it would take a little effort.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:00 PM

I think it would take an idiot to be out on an open deck with waves hitting an 11 story cruise ship tall enough to wash someone overboard. I watch the deadliest catch and I am afraid for those poor fellas and they do it for a living.
I think being washed overboard from a cruise ship is almost impossible UNLESS it is a rogue wave....then it would be maybe possible
Old 06-18-2009, 01:51 AM

We all know someone doesn't just fall off of a cruise ship without doing something they shouldn't be doing. I hope they find the woman alive as a first priority, and find out what happened.

Dwayne
Old 06-19-2009, 06:46 AM

They had her picture on the news this morning, very pretty lady. Sure hope we find out what happened because I know she didn't "fall" off the ship. They also showed the good ol' Holiday in Mobile. There's more to this story than we're hearing.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by tim c:
well we know these lawyers.they will do amything for money,wrong or right
I had a funny remark but in hind sight it is not a funny matter. I took it off
Old 07-10-2009, 12:19 PM

Hello all,

I actually had friends on this cruise and they told me that this lady and her husband got into a big fight. He went to bed and she went to the bar. Supposidley she got drunk and then committed suicide by jumping off the boat. I personally do not think that many people "fall" off of a boat...it is on purpose by either themselves or someone else.

Jennifer
Old 07-10-2009, 01:25 PM

Hi Jennifer, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Thank you for sharing that with us. We hope you will contribute to our board. More than that we hope you will soon be cruising! Best wishes!
Old 07-10-2009, 05:36 PM

Welcome to Cruise-Chat, Jennifer. It's hard to find a good source for information like this. Thank you for sharing it. Do you have any plans for a future cruise?

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
babies, baby, carnival, cruise, crusie, elation, fall, falling, falls, jumping, lady, overboard, ship, sleepwalk, sleepwalking