Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   and ANOTHER FALLS OFF CRUISE SHIP (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/6195-another-falls-off-cruise-ship.html)

macmom111 06-16-2009 11:27 AM

off of the carnival holiday, last night. 50 yr old lady...unbelieveable. you dont just fall off a cruise ship. it takes some effort on the falling person part.
I hope it turns out well for the lady tho.

susanmaz 06-16-2009 12:09 PM

That does it - - I'm not going on a Carnival boat. They're too dangerous. I certainly don't want to fall overboard.

Mike52 06-16-2009 12:16 PM

No one falls off a cruise ship. You either have to jump and be thrown off or be doing something really stupid. I do hope the best for the lady.

Dave 06-16-2009 12:17 PM

Holiday is one of the more difficult ships from which to find a place to do something stupid or suicidal. No open promenade, the pool deck is pretty well enclosed with very small windows. The fantail, the small decks outside the buffet, and certain areas above the main pool are it.

tim c 06-16-2009 12:34 PM

thats 2 in 2 days!! can we hear a third.. i just can't believe these people are that stupid. like the guy yesterday said he was just trying to see another ship and stretch too far,then splash!!

poormom 06-16-2009 12:39 PM

Nothing is ever fool proof... because fools are so Ingenious.

billybuzzy 06-16-2009 02:06 PM

susanmaz - The problem of a person going overboard is not relegated to only one cruise line! As long as men and women have put to sea people have gone overboard for one reason or another.

One needs only to read the Coast Guard reports to become aware of the frequency of occurrence. Know this - So long as people at sea will throw caution to the winds and fail to excercise reasonable caution near a rail we shall hear of these unfortunate incidents.

Fortunately, nearly all of our fellow cruisers excecise reasonable caution.So long as we continue to do so - one need not fear a cruise on any seaworthy ship!

BillyBuzzy

macmom111 06-16-2009 03:02 PM

I think the media is to blame for the perception that you can "fall off a cruise ship". most reports start off with
Passenger of XX cruise ship fell overboard today.
the dont tell the whole truth. they either helped them self go over board or the people they were with helped them go overboard.

Dave 06-16-2009 03:06 PM

Right. People who have never cruised get the impression from media reports that someone was laying in a lounge chair and suddenly got tossed over the side.

I have yet to read or hear a media report on these events which says you really have to make a conscious effort to go overboard.

susanmaz 06-16-2009 04:25 PM

BillyBuzzy - this was posted with tongue firmly in cheek . . . actually, waiting to see what responses would be. I like to believe I'm smart enough to stay away from leaning too far over and/or sitting on a rail - but we'll be doing our first balcony in November... I'll have to remember to "stay safe".