Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 01:50 PM

Good afternoon! We are going on a 7 Day Exotic W.Caribbean cruise in April and my fiance and I want to get married in GRAND CAYMAN, CAYMAN ISLANDS which is our first stop. I found information on how much it cost but I don't know where to call to set everything up, so when we get there we won't have to worry about anything. Please help

Thanks
Old 09-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Well, my daughter was married on the Carnival Fascination and the Cruise Line told her what needed to be done. Now this was 8 years ago so I would start with calling Carnival to see if they can direct you further. She did have a wonderful time and she was married in St Thomas but the marriage took place onboard the ship while in St Thomas, there was a reason but I can't remember why she didn't get married on the beach. Carnival did do a fantastic Video of the whole time, it was wonderful.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 09-23-2009, 02:17 PM

Carnival's wedding department is 800-933-4968. They have several different packages. You will work directly through the wedding department.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:25 PM

Thank you for your help!!
Old 09-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Please let us know how all of this turns out, and I know it will be fabulous

Best Wishes to you and yours!

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 09-23-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Good afternoon! We are going on a 7 Day Exotic W.Caribbean cruise in April and my fiance and I want to get married in GRAND CAYMAN, CAYMAN ISLANDS which is our first stop. I found information on how much it cost but I don't know where to call to set everything up, so when we get there we won't have to worry about anything. Please help Smile
Hi sassy, Congratulations and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

Thanks for an appropriate Island greeting.

Call the phone number that Cruise Fanatic posted. They'll set everything up for you. I need to give a word of caution however concerning "On Island" weddings via the ships, especially on Grand Cayman. The ship is not guaranteed to tender there, or any other port. It should be fine in April. Just be aware about the possibility of a change.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 12-03-2009, 06:51 PM

My wife and I got married at the Grand Old House on Grand Cayman. It was awesome. Skip the Carnival people - they just charge you for what you can do by dealing with them directly.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:06 AM

Hi sassy, welcome to Cruise-Chat! Congratulations on your up-coming wedding and cruise! A friend of mine went through a private outfit and was married on St. Thomas during her Celebrity cruise. She said it was much less expensive than the cruise ship's package, however, it didn't include everything the cruise package did. Here is a link for the place Pete Conrad was referring to. Best wishes for a fantastic cruise and a great wedding!
Old 12-15-2009, 05:27 AM

Keep in mind when planning an island wedding in conjunction with a cruise, that there is the off chance the ship may not make the port stop.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Cruise Fanatic:
Keep in mind when planning an island wedding in conjunction with a cruise, that there is the off chance the ship may not make the port stop.
VERY GOOD POINT....make sure you are ready to get married on the ship if necessary!!

Unfortunately, Grand Cayman is a stop that is missed because sometimes the waves to are rough to tender in. (dangerous)

Grand Turk is also a port that is missed some because the port does not have a TUG and IF the winds are to strong...the ship can not dock safely.

Also....the only negative I have heard years ago (and Carnival may have worked this out) was about the pictures.

Just make sure you have IN WRITING exactly what you are suppose to get. DVDs, copies etc and the EXACT price.

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, carnival, carnivals, cayman, couples, cruise, facination, fascination, island, married, photos, ship, stop, strop, trhe