Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 04:37 AM
you need to drink plenty of water.. you will need that in the carribean,not sugar drinks

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-07-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
you need to drink plenty of water.. you will need that in the carribean,not sugar drinks
Good point tim c. I took some of those powdered Gatorade single packets to use in water.

Dwayne
Old 07-09-2009, 04:38 AM

What about Juices and Milk? My daughters both drink a lot of fruit juice (orange and pineapple) and milk. Is this included or extra?

Thanks!!!

Carnival Dream April 2010
Old 07-09-2009, 07:00 AM
Administrator

Juice and milk is available at no charge during meal times in the buffet or the main dining room (room service too). Bars don't serve milk. The fountain fun card used to include juice (my son could get his favorite fruit punch at bars, which was a mix of orange, pineapple, and sour mix), but I think Carnival has stopped that and it is only soda now. BTW, you cannot use the card to get sodas from room service but it does work in the dining room.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:05 AM
there is plenty of lemonade a fruit punch and tea 24/7 and H2O

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-09-2009, 10:15 PM

Dave, you left out the grenadine in your fruit punch recipe.

I'm not positive, but I think juices are still included with the Fountain Fun Card. I'm pretty sure bar mixes are not though. I've noticed the bartenders not being quite as accommodating as they used to be.

Dwayne
Old 07-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I've noticed the bartenders not being quite as accommodating as they used to be.
Me too. My son used to get the punch without problems but on the last Carnival cruise he was told no. You may be right about standard juices being on the card - since they have them in the big jugs sitting there by the speedrail anyway. We've never asked for them.

Yes, the grenadine! 2 parts OJ, 1 part pineapple juice, 1 part sour mix, 0.5 part grenadine. I just made a variation of it with one of those Dole juice blends. I like it better. In this case I used orange-peach-mango.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:57 PM

I am not sure but I could almost swear I saw them premixing the Bahama Mamas the night before the DOD special with the rum already in the mix. I didn't think they used to do that.

Yep, I used to make a batch of that every Saturday as my special for the pool bar at the hotel I worked at. My fingers would be tore up from opening the mini bottles of rum. That recipe of yours sounds delicious! You should come up with a name for it.

Dwayne
Old 07-11-2009, 11:29 AM

It's a bargain if you drink a lot of soda. But if your kids don't then it's kind of a waste. Now what I'm wondering is when they'll do the same with booze. A booze card would be a great idea.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:26 PM

Hi serolf, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

An alcohol card is actually available. It is limited to large group cruises and everyone in the group must buy into it. At least that is the way it used to work. They have a "Drink of the Day" card you can buy on board for $23 plus gratuities. It includes 5 drinks of the day (or your choice of them) and a souvenir glass with the first drink.

I sorta doubt they'll ever have an unlimited "booze" card available for general cruises though. They have been getting away from the reputation of being the party ships for many years now. You never know though, things change everyday.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
beverage, card, cards, carnival, company, cruise, day, fountain, ice, inspiration, meals, rccl, review, soda, tea, triumph, work