Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 07:13 AM

Well, now, Dwayne, how are you going to pass the time? Let me guess, that horrible 4 letter word "work" I'd like to do a huge garage sale, but we're so far away from civilization I don't think it would work. Maybe eBay?
Old 07-28-2009, 10:55 AM

Yeppers, work it will be the next 3 months. I love the garage sale idea! I could have an entire section of used computer stuff, and souvenir DOD glasses. They won't let me do that here, so Ebay is looking like a possibility.

AVandrie, try this link for cruise web cams. Some of them work, and some don't.

Dwayne
Old 07-28-2009, 11:43 AM
sad for ya dwayne . at leat you can salvage another cruise.. as for me to pass time i do the week, day.min,sec countdown,some say i have to much time on my hands..but i go to youtube and watch videos of cruises. i warch the travel channel show called Cruises we love. i never get to much!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-28-2009, 12:21 PM

Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd see if you guys could answer this:

In my scavaging for pictures I found an album of someone's trip on the Pride back in 2007. They had a picture of the waterslide but in their caption it said that the waterslide was closed indefinitely. Can anyone confirm or deny whether it's functioning now in 2009? Also, they said that the roof above one of the pools on the pride wouldn't close - has that been fixed?? We didn't chose the boat that is falling apart did we? I would think these have been repairs made long since this album was made in 2007, but you know what they say about assuming.

Old 07-28-2009, 01:11 PM

The water slide on the beautiful Carnival Pride is only open at certain times during the day. It is fully functional. They rarely if ever close the retractable "roof" on East Coast south bound cruises. They don't close it just for rain, it is built in for cold weather cruises.

I can assure you that you didn't pick a "boat" that is falling apart. You actually picked the "Pride" of the fleet in my opinion.

Read my "blurb" here about the ship.

Dwayne
Old 07-28-2009, 01:26 PM

And just a note, most people do not take time to write positive reviews. I haven't quite figured this out, but it seems they only like to post rants. Maybe they think it gets back at the cruise line. Something might have gone wrong and they have decided that the were "entitled" to a full refund or another cruise in the presidential suite. Anyway, they want to vent. They have times when ammenities are open and closed. Their shops are only open when you're at sea, and only during certain times. As well as other venues on board. This is due to staffing and coordinating events. So if the slide was closed "indefinitely" it might have been due to weather on the cruise or something needed to be replaced for safety and until they got the part or got somewhere they could fix the problem, they closed it off. Please don't take what is written as the gospel. If you go with an open mind, it will make the experience so much better.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:32 PM

Being a first timer I have got to get better at using the appropriate cruise ship vocab (and to stop calling it a boat).

Thank you all for being so passionate about the Pride - it makes me feel good that I'm not on "the boat that's falling apart". I'm a bit embarrassed by saying that earlier. Where is the blushing smiley when you need it?

I agree that it is a shame that more people are leaving trip reviews that are negative versus positive.

Thanks again!!

Old 07-30-2009, 11:12 AM

Don't worry about reviews. Its just a opinion from somebody else. Your cruise will not be like their cruise. Different people different strokes, not everybody likes the same things. Some people will never be happy. You need to experience it for yourself. You can find everything you need somewhere on the net. Have a great cruise. You are what makes or breaks a fun cruise.

Cruise #28 on Carnival Cruise line
Old 07-30-2009, 11:21 AM

AVandrie,it's now under 250 days, see I told you it'll go fast. Mine started out at over 500 days, but it's under 200 now. At the same time, next year's is counting down, too. I just wish they were for a month instead of a week. The longest one I was on was 21 days, even that one went way too quickly.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:10 PM

I have 6 months to lose enough weight so that I am 10 lbs LESS than what I want to be before I leave.... so when I get back, I'll be just right
Jul.07, March08....
Ecstasy March, 2010

Closed Thread

Tags
big, board, carnival, cruise, day, pass, till, time, unitl, util