Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 12:53 PM

I understand taking a beating, totally I'm so glad your daughter had fun on the slide and astro turf. She's one lucky little lady
Old 03-16-2010, 05:33 PM

Thanks, I was wondering about the cards. Penny, it must be the Poker machines, I never have a problem getting a drink at the slots.

Dwayne
Old 03-17-2010, 07:14 AM

It must be. As soon as they find out I'll tip a dollar for a glass of water, it gets better. It's just getting them there the first time
Old 03-17-2010, 08:58 PM

It was a great cruise once it got underway. I think the majority of frustration was with the lack of accurate information from the Carnival employees at Galveston. They didn't know when or if the ship would come in. At one point, they advised everyone to take the shuttles to the Galveston Convention Center to check in while at the same time advising them to park their cars with the luggage inside at the terminal lots. Cruisers were on their own to find lodging for the night. Complete lack of communication. At about 5:00 PM, they said they were waiting for a decision from corporate headquarters in Miami that was scheduled for 4:30. They are 2 hours ahead of us, so the meeting should have been over long ago.
Finally called the emergency number myself to get information that Carnival employees in Galveston should have had.
I realize that fog does happen, but people need accurate information.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:19 AM

Hi RRCruiser, welcome to Cruise-Chat! You are correct, they need to be informed and share that with the passengers. I'm glad you had a good time, once you got underway. I'm sure this wasn't the first time this has happened and probably won't be the last. Sure hope Carnival get their ducks in a row before the next one!
Old 04-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Banned

Our friends just got off the Conquest yesterday at 7PM !

The ship was able to get in around 4pm, but since they did not do the self assist...it took a long time to get off the ship and through Customs.

There were some 800 non US citizens to be processed....so that took some time as well.
She said Customs was really being detailed...especially with the 500 or so residents from Mexico. (taking their picture etc)

Anyway, she called me when they got on the road at 7pm for their drive back to Knoxville, Tn....

they had a great time. This was their 15th or so Carnival cruise, so they know stuff like this happens when you travel...

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, cruises, fog, fogged, galveston, march, ncl, nov, november, port, problem, rccl