Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
However, assigned seating can be hit or miss. Sometimes we hit it off with our table mates and other times, not so much. If we get on board and decide we want to move to the "anytime" dinning option, will Carnival let us?
Good question. When they first rolled the option out, I'm pretty sure they said no. I don't know if they have relaxed that or not. Maybe someone that has done this recently will know. If you have assigned dining you can ask the Maitre'd to be moved to another table. I've done this a few times.

To edit your profile; Click on the "Go" tab in the blue menu bar, then "Personal Zone", then "Profile". It will have a place to edit your Signature as well as your Avatar/Picture.

Dwayne
Old 02-17-2010, 07:52 PM

We always have the assigned seating, we prefer that. One time they put us at a 2 seater, I already know everything I need to know about my sister so we went to the matre de and asked to be reassigned, he had no problem with it. and we had the greatest table mates too. I love the assigned seating, we have people we still communicate with 5 yrs later.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:16 AM
^^^^^
Wel that is one of the main reasons I got early to the ship for some reason they always put us on a table for 8 people and I have to change it with the maitre to a two seats table, if you arrive late there are not a lot of options during the night to do so.
My best guess is that this will be the same case if you decide to change to "your time option" if youy arrive early probably they will change it if there is a "space" to do so.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:21 PM

They have always been pretty flexible in the past with changing assigned dining tables and times. If you ask early on board. It is more difficult to change from late to early though, as the early tends to be more full.

I would think they would be as flexible with changing from assigned to open as well.

Dwayne
Old 02-18-2010, 07:43 PM

I'm traveling with my brother so we like to sit with as many people as possible as it's a great way to make new friends! Plus we are both in the "cub club" so just maybe, we will luck out there will be some cute cougars at our table . A couple years ago, we ended up at a table with 8 singles...it was a blast! The only reason we would move to "anytime dinning" is if we get assigned to a table for 4 and the other "couple" doesn't show up. My brother is a great guy and all, but the two of us at a table alone is a little to romantic for my tastes.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:24 PM

There ya go!

We all have dining preferences for various reasons.

Dwayne
Old 02-19-2010, 08:16 AM

Yes! I am booked on the Victory in June. I wanted to try the flexible dining, but it wasn't offered yet on Victory when I booked. I am going to call and see if I can change to it.

I like the idea of it, but I've always liked the "traditional" dinner too. I guess you never know until you try.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-19-2010, 08:59 AM
There is a special situation with the carnival victory and is the route, is so active that probably, in my case, better to stay to the assigned time option.
Looking foward this make me arrive early to the ship and enjoy it a little more since we don't have the usual "day at sea" and I had been on this route two times already but that is only my opinion...
Old 02-20-2010, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Yes! I am booked on the Victory in June. I wanted to try the flexible dining, but it wasn't offered yet on Victory when I booked. I am going to call and see if I can change to it.

Spoiled, there shouldn't be any problem changing to it. Let us know what they say.

Dwayne
Old 02-20-2010, 12:24 AM

Quote:
There is a special situation with the carnival victory and is the route, is so active that probably, in my case, better to stay to the assigned time option.
Cas, yes, a port every day of the cruise and the port departure times are either 5 or 6pm. It is the cruises with sea days and greatly varying port departure times when this option would work better for me.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, carnivals, change, choose, cruise, dine, dining, dinner, dinningon, dream, eat, pick, review, reviews, time, victory