Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 03:27 PM

I can answer the question about changing from assigned to flexible dining. We asked to change on Fantasy from Mobile in November and were told we couldn't - but we didn't ask on the 1st day as we weren't aware it was available on this ship.

Daughter and I just came back from cruise on Triumph out of NO on 2/6 and that is the option we were given on this cruise. We booked super late like 1/28 due to a FANTASTIC opportunity and this was only option available. We enjoyed it for the most part but were not aware we would have to wait on occassion. Be aware on elegant night there will be a wait for tables especially around the 6:30-7 time frame - it was about 20 min. We always had a table for 2 and it was never the same table. It was only the 2nd week for this ship to have it and I can say that the service was not up to par but given time to work out bugs I think it would be OK.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:18 PM

Thanks BJC, for this report and welcome back. I knew when they first rolled it out they had said no to changing.

Dwayne
Old 02-23-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
quote:
Yes! I am booked on the Victory in June. I wanted to try the flexible dining, but it wasn't offered yet on Victory when I booked. I am going to call and see if I can change to it.

Spoiled, there shouldn't be any problem changing to it. Let us know what they say.

Dwayne

I called and was able to change to Open Dining. Looking forward to it.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-09-2010, 09:19 AM

Just wanted to add my two cents in on this topic for those of you traveling with families...

My husband and I have cruised each year for the last 5 years with our two boys (now 10 and 8 which makes them the most semi sefl-sufficient males as they will ever be - I'm realistic).

We just got back from our first NCL cruise (in 18 years) with the freestyle program and realized that this was our first cruise on which we NEVER ARGUED (okay at least about getting ready for dinner anyway).

We had NO STRESS about my getting myself and the boys dressed in time for dinner because dinner was whenever we wanted.

Having said that, I am thrilled to see Carnival offer the same style of dining and we are currently researching our first Carnival cruise (disappointed in NCl but let's not go there in this thread).

So, if you are cruising as a family, with children who still need to be herded along, and are planning to do a lot of stuff on board or shore excursions, I strongly recommend this style of dining. It's your vacation, you shouldn't have the stress of "moving the herd" to dinner on time.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:22 AM

Very well said, CamperMom! I'm so glad you realize your son's potentials Just kidding. That's why I like the optional dining, too. We shared a table and got to meet a lot of people. We like the assigned dining, too, but the as you wish just makes it so much easier to get down to dinner without having to punch a time clock.

Sorry to hear you were disappointed in NCL. We're booked on the Epic in October. This will be my 5th NCL cruise. The previous 4 have been great and have high hopes this one will be too. I'm excited to see the ship, even though I prefer smaller ships, this should be very unique. I feel sure y'all will enjoy Carnival, especially your sons. They have great ammenities for children (and adults) and the camp Carnival is one of the best.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, carnivals, change, choose, cruise, dine, dining, dinner, dinningon, dream, eat, pick, review, reviews, time, victory