Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 06:30 PM

Does anyone know how the new pick your own time from 5:45-9:00 p.m. dinner time will work? It appears Carnival still has regular assigned times, but with the added pick your own time slot. This is what we have chosen for our next cruise in October, but just didn't know if anyone knows exactly how that will work out. Thanks as usual for everyone's expertise and fantastic replies. I love this site!
Old 02-12-2010, 06:51 PM

They will have one dining room designated for the open dining. You can choose to eat anytime during that 5:45-9:00pm timeframe. It is highly recommended you make a reservation for the time you want to eat each day. If you don't make a reservation and just show up then you may have a slight wait, depending if you want to eat alone or share a table. You can ask to eat alone or join another table.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:44 AM

Hi Boneman,

We love the "pick your own time" especially when you have excursions and just want to relax and not hurry for a certain dinner time. We did not make reservations ahead as Cruise Fanatic has suggested as we never knew when we would feel like it. There were times when we had to maybe wait a few minutes but they give you a beeper (which is nice compared to waiting in line at the early or late dinner times) and you could go find a place to have a drink or whatever. What we did not realize the first time we did a cruise this way was that we could CHOOSE to either eat with others or not. All you have to do is let them know. Sometimes we like to enjoy others company and other times we just like to relax by ourselves and not feel you have to share conversation with others. The other good thing is that you do not have to eat with the same people each night unless of course you meet people you would like to hook up with again.
Hope this helps, we choose to pick our own time whenever we cruise now and it is available as not all ships have it yet but I had heard they were going to upgrade them all to have this option.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:04 PM
This is interesting option for carnival, I still like my designated time I dont really know if carnival Victory have it

My only hope is that they don't change the restaurant table status to fit this option I don't have much tables for two in a cruise ship and I don't really like to eat with strangers,
I mostly like to enjoy my wife company...Its always like a honeymoon for me.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
This is interesting option for carnival, I still like my designated time I dont really know if carnival Victory have it
Confused
Cas, it is available on the Victory, with the exception of the round trip cruises from Barbados. They have added more tables for 2 to restaurants that are designated as "Your Time" dining. If you prefer a table for 2, this would be an option to get one.

Dwayne
Old 02-14-2010, 11:12 AM
ok Now it sounds like a good option
I am trying to find info on the subject, did not know it was available, but don't really understand it
can someone explain how this option work?
Do I call the restaurant everyday of the cruise?
If I decide to have an early dinning option Will I still have the two seats table option?

I don't really like a table at the restaurant with more than two seats and In all my past cruises I never had problems with this I can only hope carnival did not put all the two persons table only for this option and forgot about the early dinning option people
Old 02-14-2010, 11:37 AM

I think your missing the point, you do not have to call ahead you just go to the dining room where this is offered when you feel like going each night. It is available from 5:45 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. You do not have to share a table with anyone but your wife if you like, the choice is yours :O) You sign up for this when you book your cruise just like you do for early or late seating. I was on the Victory back in November and it was not offered but it was going to be which is what I guess Dwayne is telling you. Hope this helps!
Old 02-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the response
I don't remember that option either when I was making my booking for this summer for the carnival victory that's why I am asking...
Old 02-14-2010, 01:48 PM

Thanks, everyone! This was exactly the information I was looking for. So as I understand it, I basically should just call the reservation desk each day and tell them what time we want to eat that evening or just show up and as one suggests have a drink or something while a table becomes available. Just like you would at a restaurant. I think this will be a very popular option for a lot of folks. For us personally, we could never be ready by 6:00 p.m., but the by 8:00 p.m. we would be staring so we would end up ending at the buffet. Hats off to Carnival for adding this option!
Old 02-14-2010, 01:51 PM

Sorry for the typos, I meant to say but then by 8 we would be starving. Not staring. Well maybe staring, too, into space because of starvation.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, carnivals, change, choose, cruise, dine, dining, dinner, dinningon, dream, eat, pick, review, reviews, time, victory