Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2004, 08:01 PM

first do you HAVE to purchace a sail an sign account, if so carnival says its 200 a piece does that mean the kids too ? if so do you have to bring the deposit in cash with you ????

PLEASE HELP !
Garrett martin
celebration May 3 2004
Old 03-27-2004, 08:01 PM

first do you HAVE to purchace a sail an sign account, if so carnival says its 200 a piece does that mean the kids too ? if so do you have to bring the deposit in cash with you ????

PLEASE HELP !
Garrett martin
celebration May 3 2004
Old 03-27-2004, 08:53 PM

Garrett1990

What it means to have a sail and sign card is that they want you to give them your credit card number for the charges you may have to your stateroom. Everyone in your room can be on the same credit card if you are paying for everyone. If not, everyone in the room can use separate sail and sign cards. You don't need to make a deposit to your credit card unless you purchase items onboard like, bar charges, shore excursions, alternative restaurants, or shopping. You can always pad the account with cash if you don't want charges on your credit card.

Ive been on 14 cruises and I usually spend about 250.00 in one week onboard. I am not a big drinker or gambler but I do go on shore excursions.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:26 AM

Just cruised last week. For 4 of us, 2 adults and 2 children, I used my debit card as the credit card, and they only put an initial $50 hold on it (they said they did, but didn't actually do)Get a "drink card" for the kids, for about $12 will cover all the soft drinks they want. Well worth it. Watch out for the policy they have of adding $40 per person to your bill for gratuties. You can opt out and put money in envelopes to give to each person you choose at the end of the cruise. Have fun..

Closed Thread

Tags
account, accounts, card, carnival, charges, credits, cruise, cruises, cruising, kids, opt, sail, separate, seperate, sign