Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 10:50 AM
I didn't purchase any excursions on my last cruise, and I was wanting to purchase some this time around. Does the cruise have to be paid in full before you can book? Also, if it is an excursion sold only on board can I purchase the excursion the first day we board, or do we have to wait until the day before we go to that specific port?

Old 06-14-2009, 12:03 PM
I'm not sure about Carnival's policy; on Princess you can reserve space on excursions before you make final payment. The excursions are charged to your shipboard account that you settle on the last day.

I don't believe I've ever come across an excursion that was only sold onboard. It's usually best to reserve your excursions as soon as you are able to because the most popular ones often fill up fast. If there is a huge demand, they might add additional departures, but you can't count on this.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Administrator

I think with Carnival they start allowing on-line tour reservations 90 days before the cruise. They charge them to a credit card, not to your shipboard account, if I recall correctly. I don't think you have to have made the full cruise payment in order to book tours, just be deposited. Dwayne will know.

Every available tour will be open for sale on embarkation day. If there are tours only available aboard the ship, you need to book them as soon as possible. You don't have to wait until the day before the port visit. As Rick says - if you wait you might be disappointed.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:52 PM

Yes, it is 90 days prior to sail date. It just has to be fully deposited, and doesn't have to be paid in full. Some of the excursions with limited capacity do sell out sometimes. If you wait as Dave and Rick said, you may be disappointed.

Dwayne
Old 06-14-2009, 05:12 PM

Seems like we have booked excursions 4 or 5 months out. we were paid in full so maybe that made a difference.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:58 AM

They have been updating and changing policies left and right the last few years.

Here is the latest FAQ info.

Dwayne
Old 06-15-2009, 04:43 AM
Thank you so much for the information. I definitely want to book my excursions as soon as possible.

Old 07-19-2009, 02:02 PM

Hi everyone,

where can I find out what excursions are available in the ports we are visiting. Is there a link that will take me to them? Thank you.

We will be visiting:
San Juan
Nassau
St.Thomas
Tortola
Antigua

Any info appreciated

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-19-2009, 02:10 PM

You should be able to follow these links.

Closed Thread

Tags
board, book, booking, carnival, cruise, day, deadline, excursion, excursions, full, paid, purchase, reserve, sales, shore, space