Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 06:30 AM

we are cruising 10/19/09 on the holiday with 5 of us in an interior/empress getting a rollaway at nighttime. Is it possible to get an upgrade for a larger room without major cost? We already have our room # and were told it was large enough to hold us. Do you ever get lucky and get upgraded without asking if you already have a room number
Old 10-04-2009, 09:09 AM

Since we don't know what you paid for your interior room it is hard to say if the current cost for an upgrade would be a major cost. On the Holiday inside cabins and outside cabins are the same square footage. To get a larger cabin you would need a Suite and that would be quite a difference. Seldom do they give free upgrades when you already have a cabin number assigned.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:46 AM

We do have a room # its 45E on the empress deck fwd-s. We were told that is was larger than the normal interior and they will bring in a rollaway at night and take out in morning. Just hoping we will have room for luggage!
Old 10-04-2009, 11:48 AM

by the way, I am a repeat cruiser. 2 carnival 1 royal carribbean and a long time ago sunward 2.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat. In all my years of cruising, I have been offered a cabin upgrade (for $$$) just twice when we had an assigned cabin. In neither case were we able to select the new cabin or cabin type. As Cruise Fanatic mentioned, you would need a suite on Holiday to gain square footage, and the chances of this happening are slim to none. If you would like to change your booking to a suite, you may call whoever you used to book and inquire about available suites, but be prepared for major sticker shock.

As the rollaway will be taken out of the cabin every morning, space should not be an issue. I do suggest that you leave anything you might need for the evening in an accessible place (such as not in a lower drawer that might get blocked with the rollaway at night). Your empty luggage will very likely fit under the beds.

Also, Carnival won't recognize your cruises on Royal Caribbean and NCL as they are different companies.

Let us know how it turns out.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:53 PM

Hi volley2mom, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

As Cruise Fanatic stated the only larger cabins are the suites on the Holiday. It would be extremely rare to get an upgrade with a cabin assignment this late. It's going to be a little tight space wise at night, but doable. I try to place luggage pieces inside one another and stow them under the lower berths.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 10-04-2009, 01:54 PM

Thanks everyone for the info. I fugured it was probably impossible but thought I'd ask. I booked it through carnival as a past cruiser so got a pretty good deal. I fugure we wont be in the room much anyway.

To change the subject we have cruised with carnival to cozumel before and did the party catamaran. Have any of you rented a jeep and explored on your own in cozumel if so do you have any suggestions? We cant wait!
Old 10-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Renting vehicles in Mexico can be a hazardous thing to do. I've not done it and don't endorse it for cruise passengers.

By the way, although you feel you got a good deal booking direct, travel agents get the same pricing from Carnival and actually you might have found a cheaper price through an agent who had group space blocked out, and it also could have included onboard perks such as shipboard credits, gifts, wine, etc.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:05 PM

Well I thought it was a great price. We paid 1398.00 for all five of us and this includes port charges plus $50.00 each tax and the tip I prepaid that was $250.00. Leaving Monday and returning on Sat. I had actually checked into the travel people and told carnival what I had and they honored that price.

Thanks again for all the help!
Old 10-05-2009, 06:01 AM

Hi volley2mom, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I am so glad you're going on the Holiday, she's a great ship. They're retiring her soon, she's going to a Spanish line. We sailed on her last July and it brought back fond memories. I kept saying she reminded me of the Jubilee, then one of the people in our group told me, she was a sister ship. There's a really great deli past the buffet area, towards the Wharf Bar that people seem to miss. Great sandwiches. The Bus Stop is a quaint bar and a good meeting spot. You might want to try Chankanaab Park while you're in Cozumel or Paradise Beach. I actually think Chankanaab would have more to offer the children, but there are water toys at Paradise. There have been people on this board that have rented vehicles in Cozumel, but I wouldn't want to try it. Check out our Caribbean Port Chat section just a little further down the main page. Use your "Find" feature in the upper left hand corner and type in Cozumel. It will pull up all the posts made. There might be something that you find of interest. Best wishes and have a wonderful time on board the Holiday!

Closed Thread