Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2002, 06:21 PM

Thanks to the excellent comments and reviews on sites such as this, I know all about what to expect on our Eastern Carribean cruise on the Paradise coming up this November. I do have one question however:

I am considering the merits of booking a Demi suite up on the Veranda Deck. Besides being more spacious, they have a small balcony, sitting area and queen size beds, given the above does anyone have any opinion on whether they are worth the approx double the rate of other cabins? I mean what else should I take into consideration about them?

TIA for any help!
Old 07-16-2002, 06:21 PM

Thanks to the excellent comments and reviews on sites such as this, I know all about what to expect on our Eastern Carribean cruise on the Paradise coming up this November. I do have one question however:

I am considering the merits of booking a Demi suite up on the Veranda Deck. Besides being more spacious, they have a small balcony, sitting area and queen size beds, given the above does anyone have any opinion on whether they are worth the approx double the rate of other cabins? I mean what else should I take into consideration about them?

TIA for any help!
Old 07-16-2002, 07:09 PM

One thing to watch out for is that many of these balconies aren't quite what they're cracked up to be - the first two, perhaps 3, are not private as those on the wings to the side of the bridge can see them, and others have lifeboats hung in front of them, making them (in effect) obstructed-view cabins, though the brochure may not list them as such. I think only about 2 or 3 in the middle of each bank of demi-suites will offer a mostly private balcony with a view! Karen
Old 07-16-2002, 08:47 PM

Hi Don,
Just checking.... are you looking at the Carnival Non-smoking ship the Paradise?
Maureen
galavanteers travel company
Old 07-18-2002, 07:09 PM

Karen,

It is the Non-smoking ship that we are going on, is there something else we should know?

Maureen,
Thanks for the excellent insight on cabin position. I think we are in a middle cabin but will check. You're the greatest!

Any and all comments will be appreciated!
Old 07-19-2002, 11:40 AM

Don, you are indeed on the nonsmoking ship. YOu should be aware that they are serious about the nonsmoking issue - anyone (passenger or crew) who is caught smoking will be put off at the next port and will have to find their own way home.

Glad to hear you have a middle cabin; those should be the best of the verandah deck cabins!
Karen
Travel by Design
Old 02-01-2005, 04:02 AM

Don
How was your trip?

Closed Thread