Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 04:25 AM
Well I was not going to post about this but I'll like to add a few of my ideas since we are talking about Carnival Destiny.

I have sailed three times on carnival destiny on different ports of call.

Here is my opinion:
what is better trying to cruise the route or not?

Well let consider other cruisers that probably flew the day before to take this cruise and are on the same situation you are at the moment, either way I prefer to cruise, have fun and good food rather than getting their the night before and find out my cruise was cancel since I probably won't be getting back my airline ticket money not taking into account that my fly back will be five days after the cancelation so either I get a hotel, with my money, or pay the extra fee if I have the option to get back to my home...

Also there are a lot of things to do on a cruise ship besides just the port of calls
ok I understand the frustration but you should talk to the company Guest relations, for all I know they always try to fix the situation the best way they can

partial Refound?? cruise credit?
maybe...who knows?

but If you did not cancel the cruise by the time determined by the contract, I know this:

NO THEY WILL NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY BACK BECAUSE YOU CRUISED WITH THEM!!
your cruise was not cancel it was just re-routed

and I agreed with the company in this course of action because they have done their best in this situation and gave you what options they can since like many cruisers just post
CARNIVAL have Vacation Guarantee option and for all I know is the only cruise company that offers this option and you had the option to cancel the cruise

As for the Carnival Destiny being crowded

I beg to differ

The Sensation is almost half size to Carnival Destiny and the Carnival Destiny was once the biggest cruise ship...
I never had any problems getting out on their port of calls and I was cruising in high season with the ship at full capacity but that's only my opinion

another thing we are just cruisers that love to cruise we are not Carnival...
We can give you pointers, feedback but at the end only carnival can fix this situation

I am sorry for your situation, don't get me wrong, and I hope this won't make you leave the cruising live is a good way of live

I can only hope you can resolve this situation in a satisfactory way for both parts...
Old 01-26-2010, 04:41 AM

I'm thinking the cruise moderators get a cut from Carnival for sticking up for them. I did not take a cruise entirely for the ports of call, but when I pay for something I expect to get what I paid for. And I expect good customer service. I I got neither. Carnival must think that all their passengers are stupid. Well this stupid passenger will never ever sail Carnival again.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:57 AM
No the moderators don't get a cut
I can tell you that...

This is 100% free of companies influence
But as I am not a moderator and I am only a cruiser, this is just my opinion on the subject

I am just a cruiser like you that love to cruise
But I my case I love to cruise with carnival...
Old 01-26-2010, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PattiF:
I'm thinking the cruise moderators get a cut from Carnival for sticking up for them. I did not take a cruise entirely for the ports of call, but when I pay for something I expect to get what I paid for. And I expect good customer service. I I got neither. Carnival must think that all their passengers are stupid. Well this stupid passenger will never ever sail Carnival
again.
I can guarantee you that no Moderator or Administrator on Cruise-Chat works for, or is paid by ANY cruise line to defend their honor. The staff of Cruise-Chat is made up from a team of people from all walks of life and background. They have years of experience cruising on a variety of cruises. The staff provides unbiased factual comments based on experience, education, and knowledge of cruising and the cruise industry.

Everyone understands the disappointment in having to miss ports on a cruise. It doesn't mean the whole cruise is then a failure. It's looking at the glass half full or half empty. If someone wants to turn the situation into a negative experience, then they will. If they want to turn it into a positive experience, then they can. Once a person decides it will be negative, then every little thing will snowball and magnify.

You certainly have the right to make the choice not to cruise with Carnival again.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:20 AM

Well, I must say this is a lengthy discussion and I can understand both sides.
I do have to say I have sailed on Destiny in March 2008, and found the ship to be very nice and we experienced no problems of any kind. At that time it was to the Southern Caribbean and stops each day which I enjoy much more than being "at sea". So, I can also understand the other side that sitting on the ship all that time and not getting to go where you had paid to go would be quite upsetting.
One of the things that I think most of us cruisers do like is the alternative to go to a different port as opposed to a trip being cancelled. I think most of us have made all the arrangements well in advance including time off from work etc. I have been caught on an island where a hurricane has hit and believe me I would much rather be on a ship that can choose to take another route and have an option of another port. When on vacation it is always a good thing to remember you are on vacation and as others have said "go with the flow" it will always end on a more positive note than being stuck with what you didn't get. And as others have said "you always have the right to make the choice to not cruise with Carnival again".
Old 01-26-2010, 09:35 AM

I don't think you people are getting it...Carnival knew something was wrong with that ship and took people's money. Please don't get me wrong our cruise was not entirely bad, we enjoyed the food, the entertainment and our cabin was wonderful. We did not get what we paid for..end of story.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:47 AM

Patti,
I am sincerely glad to hear you were able to enjoy the food, entertainment, and your cabin. Therefore; you received what you paid for. The cruise contract does not guarantee the port stops.

Please go back and reread the post. We have tried to explain that it's not as simple as a black and white situation that they knew about it. These types of problems are often intermittent. One cruise will work fine, the next one won't. Meanwhile, they try to fix the problem as best they can. Other cruise lines have had similar problems with propulsion and cruised a whole season until scheduled for dry dock.

This forum welcomes open conversation pro or con staying within the TOS agreement. We will close threads when they become unproductive or get way off track from the original topic. The original
poster of this thread asked about Evolutions of Fun upgrades which has been answered. This thread has gotten off track and unproductive and is now closed. End of Story.

Closed Thread

Tags
caicos, carnival, cruise, destiny, expect, forum, money, pay, receive, recent, reviews, turks, upgrade, upgrades, yahoo