Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 10:57 AM

Is the Destiny ship planning on getting the Upgrades, Evolutions of fun, etc.? I don't hear too much about this ship. Has anyone been on this ship before?
Old 01-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Administrator

The Evolutions Of Fun upgrades are for the Fantasy-class ships only.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:44 AM

The Destiny went through some upgrades in September 2008. They added mini golf, the Seaside theatre, turned some outside cabins into balcony, added the Circle C, and wifi. The Destiny is a popular ship.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by "P":
Is the Destiny ship planning on getting the Upgrades, Evolutions of fun, etc.? I don't hear too much about this ship. Has anyone been on this ship before?
I sailed the Destiny 2 years ago out of San Juan. It is a beautiful ship. One of the last few to go all out on pizzaz. The stairwells are lined with Copper. Thick too, a fortune in precious metal. And the floor to the lido deck is marble. All very nice.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:44 AM

Has anyone been on the Destiny to Nassau and the Turks and Caicos? I am planning that cruise with my husband and two nieces (teenagers) and am looking for suggestions of what to do when we are in port. Thanks.
monab492003@yahoo.com
Old 01-21-2010, 02:10 PM

We were on the Destiny in April, but not to those ports, altho we have been to those ports with other lines...
When you're in Nassau, spend the day at Atlantis. There is a lot to do there....Pay for one of the excursions, because it will allow you into places that you would not be able to get into otherwise...
In the Turks, there is a nice beach/pool right at the end of the dock...we also did a tour of the island, which was pretty good...
I'm sure both ports also have snorkling, scuba, etc....
2009--NCL Sky
2009--Carnival Destiny
2009--RCCL Freedom of the Seas
2008--Celebrity Constellation
2007--HAL Westerdam
2007--RCCL Liberty of the Seas
2006--Caribbean Princess
2005--RCCL Brilliance of the Seas
2003--Carnival Imagination
2002--RCCL Monarch of the Seas
2001--RCCL Majesty of the Seas
2000--Carnival Imagination
1999--Carnival Fascination
1998--RCCL Majesty of the Seas
1996--RCCL Majesty of the Seas
1994--NCL Windward
1993--NCL Westward
Old 01-22-2010, 08:30 PM

Do'nt go on the destiny!!!!! Just got back from what was supposed to be a five day western carribian cruise,the ship left four hours late with mechanical problems,on the second nite the crew informed us that they had problems with one of the engines and if they could not fix it by morning they would not be able to continue on course.Well needless to say we turned around and had a five day cruise with one port of call at nassau.NOT AT ALL HAPPY!! Now I have contacted carnival and they say per H.Q. they will not give any refunds or reimbursments.I have not given up on that yet though. ALso have found out that the same thing has happened to this same ship twice in two months late last year.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:10 PM

Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

Sorry to hear of your unhappy experience. I've heard of the Destiny's recent propulsion problems. I hope they get the issue fixed. If you miss a port they usually refund the port charges during the cruise by way of an on board credit. Not sure if they'll do much more than that.

Dwayne
Old 01-23-2010, 07:29 AM

we just finished a Carnival Destiny cruise that was suppose to go to Grand Cayman and Jamiaca..propulsion problems only allowed us to go to Nassau and we received a $75 pp credit for the inconvenience....has anyone ever recieved a further reimbursement for this sort of inconvenience?????
Old 01-23-2010, 05:33 PM

Dwayne, thats all that they have given so far,I understand if you miss a port because of weather but to have a problem and know about it and not just miss a port we missed the whole damn cruise!!!!I and I'm sure the whole ship did'nt spend the money to just sit in the ocean for five days!!
Jeff

Closed Thread

Tags
caicos, carnival, cruise, destiny, expect, forum, money, pay, receive, recent, reviews, turks, upgrade, upgrades, yahoo