Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 04:50 AM
a person fell of the Carnival Insperation yesterday morning here is the story .and it proves that probably 99% of these falls are the persons fault

Tampa, FL area news sources are reporting an incident in which a man who fell from Carnival Inspiration in the early hours of Monday morning has been rescued. He was lucky enough to be found clinging to a buoy almost three hours after he went overboard.

According to reports, Larry Miller, 46, fell overboard from the cruise ship as it was returning to the Port of Tampa at 4 a.m. this morning. Fortunately for Miller, the crew of a pilot boat spotted him in the shipping channel near the Sunshine Skyway shortly before 7 a.m. Miller was delivered to an emergency vehicle at the Fort DeSoto boat ramp and taken to Bayfront Medical Center where he was treated for minor injuries.

A spokesperson for Carnival Cruise Lines told Bay News 9 that, "Miller fell overboard when he climbed on a railing to get a better view of a boat as it passed by. He slipped, then fell overboard."

The Coast Guard is investigating.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-16-2009, 04:50 AM
a person fell of the Carnival Insperation yesterday morning here is the story .and it proves that probably 99% of these falls are the persons fault

Tampa, FL area news sources are reporting an incident in which a man who fell from Carnival Inspiration in the early hours of Monday morning has been rescued. He was lucky enough to be found clinging to a buoy almost three hours after he went overboard.

According to reports, Larry Miller, 46, fell overboard from the cruise ship as it was returning to the Port of Tampa at 4 a.m. this morning. Fortunately for Miller, the crew of a pilot boat spotted him in the shipping channel near the Sunshine Skyway shortly before 7 a.m. Miller was delivered to an emergency vehicle at the Fort DeSoto boat ramp and taken to Bayfront Medical Center where he was treated for minor injuries.

A spokesperson for Carnival Cruise Lines told Bay News 9 that, "Miller fell overboard when he climbed on a railing to get a better view of a boat as it passed by. He slipped, then fell overboard."

The Coast Guard is investigating.

Old 06-16-2009, 05:45 AM

I am happy to hear that he survived, but am truly sadden that it was a 46 year old man. You'd think by that age he'd have better sense than to climb on a railing. I guess the railings were there for everyone else's safety, but he was immune to them? Why would you do that?
Old 06-16-2009, 01:30 PM
I hope the woman who was going to get a balcony cabin when she has two children 4 and 7 sees this.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:57 PM
This man's survival was pure luck! His foolish activity is a lessson to all who cruise the seas - were he any further distance from shore he would be a victim of his own foolhardiness!

I must concur with f-mattox's comment regarding the mother taking her little one's in a balcony cabin. It only takes a moments lapse in parental attention to invite catastrophe!

BillyBuzzy
Old 06-16-2009, 07:11 PM
get this.. some lawyer says he has been hired to bring a lawsuit against Carnival.. he is saying that the government needs to regulate and stop these passengers from being "thrown overboard". this is bullstuffings!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-16-2009, 08:30 PM

quote:
I hope the woman who was going to get a balcony cabin when she has two children 4 and 7 sees this.

I think she changed her mind.

I am glad he survived, it was a miracle though.

Dwayne
Old 06-16-2009, 09:23 PM

Since this incident has a miraculous ending, and we have "another" thread going with practically the same topic title with more posts, I'll close this one to avoid confusion.

Please continue here.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
cozumel, cruise, feb, fell, larry, miller, returning, tampa