Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 05:49 AM

My husband and I are taking our first cruise with our 5 year old daughter on the Carnival Triumph. Our daughter will most likely go to sleep earlier than us but we'd like to stay up longer in the cabin and watch some tv without keeping her awake. We thought about trying to hang a sheet from the top bunk so it hangs around the bottom bunk where she'd sleep so it is kind of enclosed and dark while we have the tv/lights on. Do the balcony rooms have a bunk bed? Has anyone tried anything like this or have any other ideas to let their little one sleep while we stay awake?
Old 07-19-2009, 05:49 AM

My husband and I are taking our first cruise with our 5 year old daughter on the Carnival Triumph. Our daughter will most likely go to sleep earlier than us but we'd like to stay up longer in the cabin and watch some tv without keeping her awake. We thought about trying to hang a sheet from the top bunk so it hangs around the bottom bunk where she'd sleep so it is kind of enclosed and dark while we have the tv/lights on. Do the balcony rooms have a bunk bed? Has anyone tried anything like this or have any other ideas to let their little one sleep while we stay awake?
Old 07-19-2009, 08:21 AM

Hello Stephc, welcome to Cruise-Chat! Usually a triple or quad rooms have pull down bunks or pull out sofa beds. We had our 6 year Grandson with us a couple of years ago and once he fell asleep there was no way we could waken him. I think your idea would work if you have bunk beds in your cabin.

Sonny

Old 07-19-2009, 08:48 AM

Hi StephC, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

Congrats on your first cruise! Not all cabins have an upper berth (bunk bed). In fact most of them don't have one. Usually those cabins go for guests with three or more people in the cabin, such as your case. And yes, the Triumph has some balcony cabins with upper berths. Sorry I can't help much with ideas for letting the little one sleep while you are still awake.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 07-19-2009, 05:51 PM

Our dear daughter will be 8 years old by cruise time and she too has an early bedtime (her choice). If she stays awake too late she'll be a zombie the next day - and she's got an internal clock that doesn't allow her to sleep in!

Since it's just the three of us, I know that our room (on the Pride) will not have the "upper", but it does have the convertible sofa. If we have the TV on quietly, she'll fall asleep and then she's pretty much 'out' like a light for the night.

As for nights that we'd like to go out and enjoy the evening activities, I'm still tossing around the idea of hiring a ship babysitter. I'm still evaulting my personal comfort level regarding a complete stranger being in our stateroom unsupervised - let alone watching our only child unsupervised.

But back to the sleeping arrangements - it's too bad they don't have some sort of screen separator that can pull down to provide some shade and privacy. I'll be curious to see if any other cruisers with children have come across our situation and be able to provide suggestions.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-19-2009, 08:58 PM

They do - there's a curtain that can separate the bed from the sofa.

Notice the curtain ^

Sonny

Old 07-20-2009, 06:18 AM

Hi StephC, welcome to Cruise-Chat. You can take advantage, if you're comfortable, of the ship's babysitting service. I know some are not comfortable with leaving their children with strangers. I don't know how soundly your son sleeps. If he's like most, once he's asleep, he's asleep. Although it's not optimal, you could take turns watching him. But I think the sitting service might be a better idea. Best wishes!
Old 07-20-2009, 10:33 AM

Sonny, do you (or does anyone else know) if the curtain is also in the Carnival Pride rooms? I am assuming this picture was from the Triumph?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Administrator

If you go here you'll see images of the Carnival Pride cabins. It doesn't appear they have curtains. It's been a few years since I cruised on the Pride, but I don't recall having a curtain - and we had a balcony cabin.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:53 PM

That's really strange that they wouldn't have a curtain with a tri/quad cabin - a little privacy should be taken into consideration for people that book more than two in a cabin.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
10, asleep, bed, bedtime, cabin, carnival, cruise, curtain, early, falling, hang, pride, sheet, sleep, sofa, year