Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 11:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by johhnyboy:
was on the truimph two weeks ago great ship lots to do good for the family however alot of the ships personel told me i shouldnt even get of the ship in the port of progreso but beeing me i didnt listen. Let me tell you dont take the advice of these people although it was rather cold and the beach was not the clearest at this time of year i had the best time ever. I took the tour bus around town for 2 dollars after that my family and i decided to wlk down the board walk where we found good deals on gifts then we sat in the first restaurant the corona beach thing got charged out ragous prices for drinks that had no alchol in them 40 dollars all u can drink and it was horrible we left and decided to try another beach where we went was saint something they charged us for chairs. We left and finaslly found the place to be alittle family restaurant called buddys seemed to be the griengo hang out best drinks every friendly people expats from all over they took care of our teenage age girls at 13 and 14 had snuck off trying to drink where all the other bars were trying to pur teq down them this place said no i appreciate that thanks buddys for looking out. Food was awesome no extra charges after that got back on the ship its lovely for the whole family and friendly staff but save you money from coz and spend it progreso get your moneys worth
We have been to Progreso several times.....

a lot of people don't like it because it is not as commercialized as Cozumel.

And because of its location .... it does not have the beautiful blue water that everyone looks for on a cruise.

But we have always had a good time there....

we just wander around and have a few cheap beers...

I have not tried it...but I have heard you can get some great massages on the beach for about $15. Hubby might try that this time...I am not a Spa (massage) person. I know...I am weird for a lady!!!
Old 12-22-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
sadly, I am having surgery on January 19th and won't be going ANYWHERE for 6 weeks!!!
Good luck! I wish you an easy surgery and a speedy recovery. Keep a picture of a cruise ship nearby for "inspiration."
Old 12-22-2009, 12:20 PM

Good luck with the surgery! We've always enjoyed Progreso too. I love it when the accordion player comes around..we'll give him a few bucks to go play for someone else on the beach that we randomly pick out..usually someone having a massage!

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 12-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandy:
quote:
sadly, I am having surgery on January 19th and won't be going ANYWHERE for 6 weeks!!!
Good luck! I wish you an easy surgery and a speedy recovery. Keep a picture of a cruise ship nearby for "inspiration."

Thanks so much....

apparently I am expecting a full and complete recovery....because I have a cruise booked for May 8th!!! woo hoo..

The best cruise story was how I put off gall bladder surgery for 5 months because I had 5 cruises to squeeze in.

October 2008 the doctor says...you must have your gall bladder removed.

I tell him...I have 5 cruises book through February 7th. After that....no problem.

He says...well...just don't eat any fat....
so I didn't and February 19th (I think) that pesky thing was removed. (the new way...it was a breeze)
Old 12-22-2009, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by tncruiseman:
Good luck with the surgery! We've always enjoyed Progreso too. I love it when the accordion player comes around..we'll give him a few bucks to go play for someone else on the beach that we randomly pick out..usually someone having a massage!
you are sooo bad !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the good wishes...have a wonderful cruise!!!
Old 12-22-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
WISH I COULD....but sadly, I am having surgery on January 19th and won't be going ANYWHERE for 6 weeks!!! aaauuuggghhhhh
Best wishes for an easy time of it, and a fast recovery. I remember the Gall Bladder story. You'll be up and sitting in a VIP lounge before you know it.

Dwayne
Old 12-22-2009, 07:35 PM

I always have a good time at Progreso too. I had looked everywhere for a certain style silver black onyx ring. I found it in a side street shop and got a really good deal. They have the best Coke (soft drink) there, and tasty Coronas too. The last time I was there the bus tour was only a $1. I guess it's been a while.

Dwayne
Old 12-23-2009, 04:31 PM
lhp

Quote:
sadly, I am having surgery on January 19th and won't be going ANYWHERE for 6 weeks!!! aaauuuggghhhhh
Dwayne has said it the best in wishing you an easy time of it. Surgery is never the kind of thing one looks forward to. Yet, in order to restore onesself to health it becomes needed. Thanksfully, today's medical techniques are as amazing as they are relatively painless and success is the prevalent outcome!!!

Now is the time to relax and not to let unnecessary concerns or doubt come upon you - a good frame of mind and a rested physique assures a favorable outcome. My warmest thoughts and prayers are with you through the Holidays and thru your surgery!!

BillyBuzzy
Old 12-24-2009, 01:17 PM

We live in the White House area just outside of Nashville. My wife and I would love to go on a "TN cruise" whenever one is planned. As for the massages on the beach at Progreso, my wife loves massage, she used to be a member of Massage Envy, but we were sitting there at a bar on the beach and she noticed that they did not change the sheets in between customers. That did it for her even for $15. Merry Christmas to all! Next year we are going to do like the Kranks wanted to do and we are booking cruise for Christmas, except we will not let family stop us.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:23 PM

come on and book Boneman! January 23rd on Triumph! We're going to do a Christmas Cruise one of these years in the near future also.

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas

Closed Thread

Tags
19, bar, beach, black, buddys, carnival, ccl, corona, cruises, friendly, onyx, progreso, ring, triumph, year