Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 05:38 PM

What if any cruise points from Carnival apply to HAL? We are platinum with Carnival would that give us any perks with HAL?
Old 05-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Administrator

You get nothing other than being able to get past passenger pricing. This is the same for all Carnival brands. They do not allow status with one of their brands to transfer to the others.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:15 PM

did I miss something? what are cruise points.?
Old 05-20-2010, 11:14 PM

Quote:
did I miss something? what are cruise points.?
I think I may have missed something too!

"If" the question pertains to Fun Points, they do include HAL and Princess.

Per Barclay;

Points Redemption

"Statement Credit Cardmembers may redeem Points for a statement credit toward a Carnival Cruise Line, Holland America Line, Princess Cruise Line or airline transaction that posts to their Account that is equal to or greater than $50 and made within the last 180 days. The amount of Points needed to redeem will vary by transaction. To redeem Points access your account at www.BarclaycardUS.com and go to the Rewards tab. The statement credit will appear on the Account within one billing cycle after the Points are redeemed. There is no maximum number of Points that may be redeemed in any billing cycle."

Dwayne
Old 05-21-2010, 05:50 AM

I believe he's talking about the credit for each cruise you've taken to give you your repeater status. I've never seen HAL have a past passenger rate which included Carnival.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:08 AM
Administrator

They may have dropped the past passenger rates for all their lines. The World's Leading Cruise Lines page used to mention that perk, but it doesn't say it now.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:45 AM

Dave,
Even when it was there I never saw Princess or HAL offer past guest privileges to a Carnival Guest. They would have past guest promotions, but when you said you were past guest of the Carnival Family, then the answer would be that the promotion was only for past guest of that particular line.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Administrator

I found it here, but it is buried and you can't find any references to it on the main WLCL website. I found it with a google search. Obviously it is vague enough such that no line has to honor it.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:28 AM

It is also on the Carnival site here. I received past guest quotes for Princess using my Carnival status a couple of years ago. It was like pulling teeth though. I don't remember who I talked with to get them.

Dwayne
Old 05-21-2010, 09:30 AM

Yes, I remember that actually was right on the back of brochures. But you could never find a sailing where the VIP was offered.

Closed Thread

Tags
accumulate, america, carnival, carnivalfun, cruise, fun, holland, honor, point, points, princess, redeem, transfer, vip, wwwbarclaycarduscom