Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Administrator

I think people are getting a little overwrought about this and I lay the blame at the feet of the media. If I didn't know better I would think the entire population is going to die soon.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:56 PM

carnival has cancelled ports in mexico for 3 ships.....
Old 04-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Reuters reports that CCL said it had canceled Mexico stops on Tuesday for three of its cruise ships due to the swine flu alert. "We are aware that the CDC has recently issued a Travel Health Warning which recommends the postponement of nonessential travel to Mexico," the company said in a statement. "Stops in Mexico today were canceled for three Carnival Cruise Lines ships."
Old 04-28-2009, 02:20 PM

My mom called this morning going on and on about the fact that my ship leaves May 9th and that I better buy my masks. The Glory will be on the western carribean ports the week befor I go. I told her to relax, all I can do is hope for the best. Every chance she gets she says something bad or negative about cruisin. I told her maybe she just needs to try it maybe then she will get off my back.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-28-2009, 02:21 PM

Dave - Thanks for the update......Carnival is always good at giving us new info. - and I do agree, the media does HYPE things up a little too much about such things.....some stations more than others (I will not mention names) but, thanks again for the info.

macmon111 - which ships have been cancelled? Do you know?

Penny3333 - The panic button may have been pressed for some people....but mine has not. You are right, we do take a chance everyday with our lives when we get up! No one knows that better than I. My Brother was taken tragicly from me just recently so I live everyday to the fullest now and appreciate all that life has to give. AND, as far as washing our hands and doing the everyday things needed to be done to keep ourselves from getting ill, I PRACTICE THEM EVERY HOUR.....I am a Nurse. So I am very aware of it being everyone's responsibility to take care of themselves.....but I'm also aware that everyone DOES NOT! I also know they are handing out mask in Mexico, and I'm sure if Carnival plans on keeping the itinerary the same they will pass out mask to the passengers.......but who wants to wear a mask on vacation? Yes, that does fall into the catagory of taking care of ourselves, but we go on vacation to relax not to avoid and have to be put behind a mask. Every passenger has the right to chose to go or not to go whatever Carnival choses to do, that also falls into the catagory of taking care of yourself......my first post was just food for thought NOT A PRESSED PANIC BUTTON.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:30 PM

Kkontny- I'm sure with the health warning there will be more postponments until things are resolved......our Cruise isn't til June 11 so I'm sure things will have settled down by then and all will be back on track. But until then all we can do is just wish the best for all those who have come down with the illness.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:54 PM

Hope, sorry if you took my post personally, it wasn't meant that way. MSN has this splashed all over the home page. The people that have died have probably died from dehydration, as with cholera. It's just so ridiculous the way they set panic in across the nation. There's no reason unless it's a slow news day.

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. I, too, know from personal experience, you're not promised tomorrow. I learned the washing hands from my bout with cancer. I swear my hands are raw
Old 04-28-2009, 03:08 PM

penny3333 - thank you for your kindness. Sorry to hear about your "bout" with Cancer, but so glad to hear that you have won the fight or at least you are one step a head of it Yes, when people get ANY kind of flu they tend to ALWAYS die because of dehydration and the ages of the extreamly ill are usually the elderly and the very young; both who are very hard to get / and keep fluids down once they become dehydrated in the first place.

With the news, it's always a SLOW DAY.....they repeat and act as if the world will end tomorrow every day. It may, we never know, but if so, I know where I'm going.....!!!

And I know what you mean about raw hands, and we won't even start on the brittle nails.....I'd love to have pretty hands, I just can't; so I've stopped trying! I'd rather be healthy!

Thanks again, God bless

Old 04-28-2009, 05:44 PM
I just read that Princess has cancelled Mexican port visits for Sapphire Princess. No word as to how long; but there is only one more cruise this season. They are substituting San Diego and Catalina for Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas. OUCH!
Old 04-28-2009, 11:26 PM
I watched the local TV news here in Orlando, and they said Carnival and RCCL will suspend trips to all Mexican ports of call from Thursday (April 30th) until the following Monday.

Click on this link to watch a streaming newscast of the story from Channel 13 here in Orlando: Central Florida News 13: Cruiselines/ Travel Concerns/ Swine Flu Outbreak

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, change, cruise, cruises, glory, itinerary, sandy, year