Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
I was notising that the Carnival Glory was not one of the ships mentioned to be cancelling ports. Does anyone know anything about this. I am leaving on the Carnival Glory May 9th. She is traveling to some Mexican port next week.
Yes, the Glory May 2nd. sailing is listed as being changed to Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten, as Penny noted. The May 9th. sailing already does that itinerary.

Dwayne
Old 04-30-2009, 12:26 PM

What a great deal for those on the 5 day Ecstacy out of Galveston - they are converted to a 7 day to Jamaica and Grand Caymen....I assume at no additional cost! Good deal if they can altar travel arrangements and take extra vacation days off (if needed). Better than cancelling and resheduling.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:21 PM

Why can't I be that lucky?
Old 04-30-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
What a great deal for those on the 5 day Ecstacy out of Galveston - they are converted to a 7 day to Jamaica and Grand Caymen....I assume at no additional cost! Good deal if they can altar travel arrangements and take extra vacation days off (if needed). Better than cancelling and resheduling.
From what I've read it is the same cost. As you said, this is a deal for those that can change their plans. It is a really good deal if they were driving to the port. I'm like Penny in that regard, why can't I be so lucky to pay for a 4 or 5 day cruise and get a 7. That is if I was able to do it.

Dwayne
Old 05-01-2009, 08:06 AM

Was just on the news, Carnival will be Going to San Francisco as a port of call, instead of Mexican ports. Hope the people have warm clothes!! At least they get a nice port. NCl is also headed this way.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:38 AM

Sourdough bread and crab instead of chips and salsa, sounds like a winning situation to me. Of course, you do have to trade in the warmth for the cold.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:43 PM

Question here. Tonights News (I do not always believe everything I hear) said the ships were not going to Mexico..... During this crisis has the foriegn port requirement been waived?
More likely the news is been report incorrectly, however if they are not going to Mexico because of the flu how are they meeting that requirement?

Old 05-03-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Question here. Tonights News (I do not always believe everything I hear) said the ships were not going to Mexico..... During this crisis has the foriegn port requirement been waived?
More likely the news is been report incorrectly, however if they are not going to Mexico because of the flu how are they meeting that requirement?
That's a very good question.

I am certainly no expert at Cabotage law or the Jones Act, and wouldn't even attempt to figure out CA laws.

Did CA ever pass the law that would require a foreign flagged ship to visit a foreign port, and what distance?

I'm thinking it is because Catalina is within the mile range allowance. Just a guess.

Dwayne
Old 05-04-2009, 05:44 AM
Administrator

I'm no expert on the Passenger Services Act, yet I'll give this my best shot. The cruises that are going north make a stop in Canada (typically, Victoria), thereby satisfying the requirements. Those that are going to SoCal will make what they call a "service stop" in Ensenada at which the ship docks, but no passengers disembark. (I didn't realize this second one was allowable under the PSA, but I guess it is.)
Old 05-04-2009, 11:12 AM

I guess the operational/service stops could get them around it. I just read in John's blog though that they do expect to be issued a violation in some instances and are going to request mitigation based on the unusual circumstances.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, change, cruise, cruises, glory, itinerary, sandy, year