Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 12:01 AM

Yes it is up to 2 "Business Days", thanks for the clarification. I forgot to mention that often the trick with getting better Early Saver price reductions, OBC's, and upgrades is to be patient until the Early Saver rate is no longer offered on the cruise. They often will add the Past Guest rates that include upgrades at lower prices for the current Cabin Category you are in. They are yours for the picking.

If you find a lower price before final payment the difference will be a price reduction, if after final payment it will be OBC's (On Board Credits).

Dwayne
Old 06-30-2010, 07:56 AM

Thanks for all the info!!! So I am left to monitor the prices after booking to find any lower advertised rates. That's great. Thanks Again!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 12:25 AM

Not if you have a "good" Travel Agent. They will keep an eye on it for you. Travel Agents are supposed to look after your best interests. Unfortunately, there are some that forget that along the way and prefer to look after their commission and bottom line when it comes to fare reductions.

Now, even a "good" Travel Agent would have a problem keeping up with every rate reduction or upgrade offer for every client's particular sailing. My best advice is to at least check the available rates twice weekly. If you find a lower rate let them know.

Dwayne
Old 07-01-2010, 04:42 AM
I do my own booking,so need for a travel agent.. I check my rates every morning using a travel web site.. I have seen the price in one day go down and the next day go back where it was 2 days ago.. So really its up to you to watch.. I enjoy booking on my own. I get the satisfaction of working for my deals.and I never miss one. I guess you could call it a hobby.. I am paying $329.00 ppr for a ocean view for a 7 day cruise in nov, and You cant beat that ever.. You just have to take care of yourself..

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-01-2010, 08:05 AM

I watch every week or so, but since our next cruise is May 2011 out of Galveston, I have not seen any price change yet. Maybe the closer it gets, like Dwayne says (after ES) I can get some OBC. I am hoping!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:02 PM

Tim C, you make a great point about the price fluctuations. Carnival once told me they can change up to 4 times daily. I usually check every other day or so. The last 2 changes I opted to take the up-decks instead of the price reductions. Now that I'm mid-ship Empress I'll be going for the reductions or OBC's.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:50 PM

And now with all my price reductions and up-decks, the OBC's have began. Just sent in for my first $20. Hey, I hate to say this myself, but I'm getting pretty good at this. I take the price reductions and up-decks until I get the cabin and deck I want first. Then I wait for that price to fall when the penalty period kicks in. This way I get a better choice of cabins early on and still get the OBC's later.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:
And now with all my price reductions and up-decks
What is it called when you go from a 1A cabin on the Dream's Panorama deck(11) to a 7C cove balcony cabin on Main deck(2)?

Old 08-03-2010, 09:55 AM

Well, it would be a very sweet down-deck.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:58 AM

Here is a question. We are planning our next cruise in April 2012. When does the early saver rate go away? I know I am going to have to book early to get the type of cabin I want, but there must also be a cut-off for the early saver rate. I was gonna book it this September, but my wife thinks that's far too early...

Carnival Dream April 2010

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, carnival, dream, early, fares, long, military, odds, rate, rates, restrictions, reviews, rstes, saver, upgraded