Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Electronic documents only (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/7109-electronic-documents-only.html)

Cruise Fanatic 06-09-2009 02:54 PM

Starting on August 25, 2009 all documents for Carnival cruises will be electronic documents only. Documents will be accessible at www.carnival.com/mydocuments

Cruise Fanatic 06-09-2009 02:54 PM

Starting on August 25, 2009 all documents for Carnival cruises will be electronic documents only. Documents will be accessible at www.carnival.com/mydocuments

Jim C. 06-09-2009 03:37 PM

Well, you knew that was coming.

What do they do for people who do not have computer access? I'm sure there are still some people that don't have the ability to log in...

tim c 06-09-2009 07:50 PM

well crap.i loved getting those beutiful tickets in the mail..they are easy to keep up with,and face they look better than a stack of papers,and the luggage tags are better to

Dwayne 06-09-2009 08:01 PM

I knew it was coming as well. It wasn't the happiest of news when I read it earlier today. I like the mailed Documents. My next cruise will be my first one without the traditional mailed ticket book. http://cruise-chat.com/groupee_commo...icon_frown.gif

I guess we will have to invent a "Paid in full, I printed my Docs." Doc Dance?

Here are some additional details from Carnival:

---------------------------------------------

August 3 is the last day that paper documents can be ordered for sailings prior to August 25, 2009.

Cruise documents, which include the terms and conditions of the cruise ticket contract, may be accessed online after full payment is received and will require the following information; booking number, last name of the guest, ship and sail date.

The current terms and conditions of the cruise ticket contract can be viewed at all times at www.carnival.com.

Guests who purchased FlyAweigh air/sea packages may view their air schedules within 75 days of their cruise departure date.

Although having printed e-documents will expedite the check-in process during embarkation, guests may check in at the pier without documents as their information is contained within Carnivalís reservation system.

Electronic documents include printable luggage tags that may be printed in black and white. If they are not printed, luggage tags are available at the pier.

Dwayne

Dwayne 06-09-2009 08:15 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What do they do for people who do not have computer access? I'm sure there are still some people that don't have the ability to log in... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jim, The info I read says they don't need any documents. However, it will expedite the check-in process if they do.

Dwayne

Dwayne 06-09-2009 08:21 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">well crap.i loved getting those beutiful tickets in the mail..they are easy to keep up with,and face they look better than a stack of papers,and the luggage tags are better to </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tim, I totally agree! Just when they have the "peel and stick" pre-filled out mailed luggage tags perfect. Those little blue ticket books are my way of remembering cruise details, and are keepsakes to me.

Dwayne

tim c 06-10-2009 07:15 AM

and dwayne.i always got excited when they showed up because it ment the cruise is 3-4 weeks away..it just made me feel better

Dwayne 06-10-2009 09:37 PM

It has been such a tradition for myself as well. The Docs arrive and full cruise mode goes into effect. It's a long wait for some of us and it was so exciting to get them. Heck, I'd be willing to pay a small service charge to still get them.

Dwayne

Cruise Fanatic 06-11-2009 05:36 AM

What do you consider a small amout? Royal Caribbean has a policy if you book within 30 days it's edocuments only. However; you can get paper documents for a modest fee of $35!!!!!!!