Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2007, 08:40 PM

Before I go I'll check Wal-Mart here (have not done that yet) if they don't have it, I will get some across the border. You guys always get the cool meds approved first - takes at least a year before it gets approved for use in Canada. Makes it real interesting at work though. (I work in an Urgent Care Clinic) All the Canadian snowbirds come in requesting stuff we have never heard of. Thanks for the tip.

Free Cruise Tickers
Carnival Miracle-05/07
Grandeur of the Seas-03/06
Caribbean Princess-04/05
Old 03-23-2007, 11:24 PM

A fellow cruiser sent me some information given to her by Carnival. It states that Bonine is available at no charge in the infirmary and that motion sickness medication is available from the information desk at no charge around the clock.

Free Cruise Clocks

Carnival Pride 7-8-2007 Mexican Riviera
Old 03-24-2007, 04:21 PM

there is also a braclett you can buy at walmart i heard it works also, and to goin cruisin i believe your comment was un called for about my wife.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Banned

My apologies are offered; no offense was meant. I have a "happy" flyer, too. We (my wife and I) refer to her pre-flight pharmaceutical cocktail as her happy pills. We also call her a white knuckle flyer, and she squeezes my thumb on take off and landing until it's purple. To reiterate, no offense was intended. Sometimes a little levity can hit a nerve. And, given the nature of a few posters on this site who enjoy, and have been previously lauded, for interjecting a little levity, perhaps putting that kind of information out on front street might not have been such a great idea. Again, my humblest apologies for any offense taken.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:37 PM

Is your "Giddy" getting you in trouble again? Well you can't win them all. Like the Kings who are down two to one to the Wild at this particular moment in time.

If a person isn't partial to taking drugs for everything, I suggest safe, non habit-forming, BONINE!

However the simple, and natural use of ginger is far superior and you don't have to set foot in a Walmart to get it. (but you can get it there in its high-tech form of dissolvable capsules.)
Old 03-24-2007, 11:21 PM

I am loving this. Seems when you get one the other is sure to follow. But I think the apology was sincere.

Jerome, long time no see. I do the same if I have to fly, I take my all purpose Hydroxyzine for anxiety and not get hives. I had 8 flights within 2 weeks of 911 for vacation and I broke out in hives. So I take a little something now.

Say Hey to the Wife, and good to see you on here again..I was away awhile

IslandCruz
Old 03-25-2007, 07:39 AM
Banned

Maybe, maybe not. You're so perceptive.

(Actually, Jerome, yes it was)
Old 03-25-2007, 09:10 AM

thanks wife has been really stressed out, things are hitting nerves, guess its time for another cruise, hi islandcruz glad to hear from you whats goin on. everything is good she is better.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:16 AM

Goal!

On the subject, (seasickness being all in the head rather than the stomach), I actually miss the motion when I am back on land. For two days my wife says I stand around and sway gently back and forth.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:46 AM

LOL! Jerome is right. There is a bracelet that looks like a sweat band called "sea band" They sell it at any pharmacy, walgreens, rite-aid. It costs about $8.00. It works on any motion sickness: car, airplane, boat. I works with accupressure

Free Cruise Clocks

Carnival Pride 7-8-2007 Mexican Riviera

Closed Thread

Tags
bonine, cruise, drowsy, httpcruisechatcomeveforumsatpcf452603081m100103899 2, medicine, motion, nondrowsy, sea, seasickness, sichness, sick, sickness, walgreens, walmart, walmrt