Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2005, 06:50 PM

Im going on Carnival Victory Eastern Carribbean cruise May 1st. I have one quick question as far as attire for dinner. I have read a bazillion posts and everyone says something different. For normal dinner sitting, are khakis and a golf shirt fine to wear? Or should I be wearing a button down shirt? I have the formal nights covered with a suit and a sports coat and tie, but I was just wondering about the other nights. Also, my wife plans on wearing khakis and a blouse on the normal nights, I believe that is fine right? And a skirt and blouse is OK for the formal nights? She only owns 1 cocktail dress, and she doesnt feel the need to buy another, should she?
Old 04-22-2005, 06:50 PM

Im going on Carnival Victory Eastern Carribbean cruise May 1st. I have one quick question as far as attire for dinner. I have read a bazillion posts and everyone says something different. For normal dinner sitting, are khakis and a golf shirt fine to wear? Or should I be wearing a button down shirt? I have the formal nights covered with a suit and a sports coat and tie, but I was just wondering about the other nights. Also, my wife plans on wearing khakis and a blouse on the normal nights, I believe that is fine right? And a skirt and blouse is OK for the formal nights? She only owns 1 cocktail dress, and she doesnt feel the need to buy another, should she?
Old 04-22-2005, 09:03 PM

Golf (polo) shirts are just fine on the casual nights, and should be ok on the "smart casual" nights as well, perhaps with a sport jacket over it if you have room for one. Your wife's choices sound good, though she'll probably feel less conspicuous if the skirt and top for formal night are dressy, like she might wear to an afternoon wedding. And unless she cares if people see her twice in the same thing, there's no need for more than one cocktail dress. I don't even own one!

Closed Thread

Tags
blouse, button, caribbean, carnival, casual, coat, cruise, dinner, golf, khakis, night, normal, required, royal, shirt, smart, wear