Hi, I am booking a cruise on the Conquest for May. My question is how is the balcony cabins? I went on the Ecstasy last December and it was a blast. We only had outside cabins. Is it worth the difference for a balcony?
I have cruised on the Conquest twice. The balcony cabins are nice, but so are the Cat 6E Family Suites. The 6E cabins are the size of the room and balcony combined, only you don't have a balcony. The rooms have floor to ceiling windows which give you a great view. All depends if you want the balcony or a larger room. Hope this helps.
Hi David Rummerfield, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I love balconies for lots of reasons:
1. It's wonderful to sit out sipping a cup of coffee or a drink watching the sunrise or sunset without having to get totally dressed.
2. At sailaways it is so much fun to wave to others on the other ships from your balcony.
3. At night, turn off the a/c and open the door for some wonderful fresh air and to hear the sounds of the ocean.
4. You can put your wet clothes out to dry while you're on an another excursion.
5. It's so peaceful to gaze upon the ocean when you're at sea. Sometimes you get to see dolphins swimming beside the ship, always see flying fish, watch the ship cut through the water, see rainbows, sometimes catch other ships on the ocean, etc.
6. Makes a little more room for you to get around your cabin mate.
These are just a few of the reasons. If I had to choose between not sailing because I couldn't afford the balcony or sailing in a less expensive room, I'd take the less expensive room. As long as I can afford the balcony, I'm going to book it. Whether it's worth it or not, is totally up to you. I think it's worth every cent. Best wishes and have a wonderful time!
The Cat 6E family suites mentioned are up on the spa deck. If you look at a pciture of the Conquest, that is the deck that has all the angled glass up above the bridge.
We have had one of these and I liked it more than the balcony. The area that WOULD be a balcony is part of the room with that angled glass is the outside wall. Makes for a great view. BUT you don't get to go out and feel the wind or look over the balcony. On the upside, there is enough extra room in those cabins for a table and chairs that make a great place to have room service meals.